Sunday, January 10, 2021

Hipwell Family Gingerbread House Competition

Mid-December my sister Brenda sent out a group text to each Hipwell household announcing that she would keep the holiday tradition of decorating gingerbread houses alive by organizing a virtual event. She gave us until Dec 23 to submit photos of our creations and then she created a online voting system to determine the winners and runner-ups from two categories (Most Creative and Best Overall) for three age groups (Child, Teen and Adult).  I looked at buying some kits but couldn’t bring myself to drop $70+ so we used gram crackers and pop-tarts instead which worked perfectly.  We had SO MUCH fun putting them together!  I didn’t expect that everyone would sit down for hours working on them, but we did.  I’m so glad that we were able to participate and grateful for all of Brenda’s efforts to put it all together – it was a BIG undertaking for her.









And our final submissions:


Drew

Katie

Jason

Carly

Abigail

Holly


I felt somewhat guilty that everyone that participated in our family (me + five kids) all won an award.  

 

BEST OVERALL WINNER (under 13): 



MOST CREATIVE WINNER (under 13): 


BEST OVERALL RUNNER-UP (teen):  


MOST CREATIVE WINNER (teen):  


MOST CREATIVE RUNNER-UP (teen):  


MOST CREATIVE RUNNER-UP (adult):  

 

No comments:

Post a Comment