Dec 16: Jason got braces today! He hasn’t complained about the expander he’s been wearing the past several weeks – the expander is responsible for the big gap between his two front teeth in the first picture (he’s holding the mold of his teeth before the expander). He handled the discomfort of braces like a champ. I think he’s just ready to get it done and over with.
Dec 18: I did a lot of baking today. A triple batch of kamut sourdough bread and a batch of chocolate chip banana bread loaves.
I also tuned into my Aunt Cleone's funeral on YouTube. She is the last of my Dad’s siblings to pass. It was neat to see some of my cousins that I haven’t seen in years.
Today was the last day of school for JK&D before break. Not much learning was done if any. Drew’s class watched Polar Express online together complete with hot cocoa.
Abigail arrived home LATE tonight (actually early a.m. tomorrow). She sent me a list of “food I want at home”
By the time she left on January 8th we’d tackled each and every one of them. Thankfully my kids are still cooking a meal each week so that was a huge help. Basically we ate A LOT of yummy food while she was here. I loved it. Food is a major love language for me so I took it as a personal challenge to make sure we had everything on her list while she was home.

Dec 21: Drew’s apparently been making good use of the electric pencil sharpener I recently bought…
It snowed tonight which sent the kids outside to play with the neighborhood kids past bedtime. In the end we got about 4 inches which was enough to stick around for Christmas. I love a White Christmas that doesn’t interfere with anything we want to do!
Dec 22: More settlers. Drew now knows how to play so that’s fun to have him join us.
Both Jason and Drew have been in need of a haircut for a while now. I was teasing Drew that he looked like Gollum with his long hair on the sides. Justin pulled up a picture…
I guess that’s a bit of an exaggeration on my part.
I tried to bribe Drew to let me take a picture of him standing / grimacing just like the Gollum picture but he wouldn’t go for it – ha!
I thought this chart of each state’s favorite Christmas movie was interesting and can’t believe that our state’s most popular is Die Hard – that’s nuts!
Dec 23: We headed down to Grandma & Grandpa Fletchers this afternoon. I think this is the first time we’ve been in their house since the whole covid thing started. We’ve tried to be careful to keep them healthy so up until tonight had only met them outside. We wore masks the whole time (except when we were eating Papa Johns). We gave them an air fryer for Christmas. We’ve used ours so much and Grandpa mentioned he really wanted one.
Dec 24: Christmas Eve 2020
Dec 25: Christmas Day 2020
Dec 26: Day in Seattle
Dec 27: One of the kids took this picture of Justin and I trying to relax
Dec 28: Today I finally got all the emergency preparedness and medical supplies put away and inventoried that has been sitting around in the dining room for months. Justin had a couple hard hats in an emergency backpack he was given at work from being on the T-Mobile Emergency Response Team.
Abigail made chicken parmesan tonight. She made it back in April and I’m glad it made her food wish list – and I’m glad she was willing to make it for us. So yum!
Dec 29: I thought this email I got this morning was funny. Have we really gotten to the point where getting your oil changed would be an exciting excursion?
JK&D have started working on the diamond art kits they got for Christmas. I put a few pieces on the canvas and decided I needed to get myself one so I ordered a cute hippo one on Amazon and would have it in just a few days.
I got SEVERAL Christmas cards after Christmas this year. Today Laura & Camden’s arrived and they were sent back on December 19th & 20th - that's 10 days! The post office sure was slow this year.
We’ve had our leather sectional for 13 years and with our new couch arriving in just a few days it was time to sell it. I knew though that there were several things that had slipped down under the cushions so I decided to remove just enough staples from the under fabric to get out anything underneath. Just as I suspected there was a lot down there including some treasured Legos. We stapled it back up and sold the couch online quite quickly.




















No comments:
Post a Comment