Tuesday, April 13, 2021

Arizona {Day 6} – Top Golf & Home

We got a slower start to our day today than I expected. Justin and I had talked about going out for breakfast but it took a while to get out the door. JKD caught a little bit of their morning classes online which is the first time that’s happened since we got to Arizona. Justin and I wanted to go to Snooze for breakfast which we discovered last time we were here. It was good but not quite as memorable as we hoped. 



When we got back to the house we gathered up the kids to head to Top Golf. Tuesdays are half price so we had been planning on this all week. Unfortunately, it was packed and the wait was going to be an hour and a half. We were about to leave until we realized that we could still fit it in if we headed to the airport immediately afterward. To kill some time we went to the Riparian Reserve. My intent was to take some cool pictures as we walked around but the kids were not feeling it so we were only out of the car maybe 5-10 minutes before they were done. 





We decided to pick up some lunch at Chick-fil-A so that we could get registered into the Gilbert location system so we could get some deals from them.  We wanted all of our devices to be in the system so we went through drive-through and did five separate orders! Thankfully the employee was quite patient with us. As we were receiving our food we received notification that Top Golf had a spot open for us so we drove right on over and spent an hour golfing. We selected the Angry Birds version, which none of us were quite sure how it worked. Hitting a ball well didn’t necessarily give you a ton of points. Carly ended up getting the most points even though Justin probably had the best hits.


I think I may be seeing Jason’s Angry Bird face coming into the game

Drew has been wanting to golf for a long time so we thought he’d have a lot of fun with it. He enjoyed it, but was frustrated with his lack of points. 



As soon as our hour was up we beelined it back to Tami’s house to quickly pack up the rest of our stuff and head to the airport. The flight was quick, I was able to catch a glimpse of the Grand Canyon from the plane which was kind of cool as well as a shot of the T-Mobile (Mariners) and CenturyLink (Seahawk) stadiums while landing in Seattle.


Grand Canyon

You can also see the Great Wheel of Seattle (though it looks very tiny)

We ate a late dinner at home with whatever we could scrounge up from the freezer and I worked on getting as much and unpacked as I could before calling it a night. 

No comments:

Post a Comment