Because the beaches weren’t going to be very friendly today we decided to head into Kona and get a quick picture at the temple as well as walk around the little beachfront shopping area and see if we could pick out a souvenir for Jason and Abigail who didn’t get anything at the black sand beach.
![]() |
Justin had Jason pose by this statue without realizing it also included a naked mermaid |
We also treated ourselves to some shaved ice and dole whip. Carly and I also shared an açai bowl.
![]() |
| We thought it was pretty funny that Abigail had the hair pattern on her legs |
On our way back to the hotel we drove to the malasada food truck. Our order was going to take a half hour for to make because they were so busy so after we place the order we dropped everyone back off at the hotel and I went back to the food truck to wait for our fresh malasadas. She had told us it would be a half hour but it was nearly an hour before they were done. She was so busy I felt bad for her. We only had $35 of cash so I spent every last dollar there. They were delicious though I was disappointed that I wasn’t able to try some of the more unique fillings due to lack of fundage as well as not wanting to risk having anything with nuts close to the malasadas for the peanut allergy kids.
By the time I got back to the hotel the kids were done with lunch and ready to head down to the pool. They decided to stay at our resort even though we have access to the bigger Hilton resort nearby. Apparently the kids like the slides better at our hotel. Which is nice. I left the pool a little earlier so that I can go to the gym and get in a workout to close my circles. We spent the rest of the evening doing laundry and getting things packed up. This also included polishing off the macadamia ice cream and brownies.
We couldn’t just leave the Olson’s two boogie boards in Hawaii so I made a makeshift boogie board bag it out of a clearance tarp from Walmart and some duct tape. I was pretty proud of it.










No comments:
Post a Comment