Since we recently celebrated Abigail’s birthday Jason can't wait for his own birthday to come around. Unfortunately, he has to wait til the end of July. This is what he says, "firs tarly birday, den tatie birday, den den mommy birday, den MY birday". Tomorrow is Jason’s half-birthday (not sure I'll try to explain that concept to him), but I thought I'd use it as an excuse to catch up on what he's been up to lately.
Loves, loves, loves going to class at church. I'm sure it helps that he has a few favorite buddies that go with him. When they were all in nursery I was always hearing about the boys running around, playing with cars, and tackling each other. So there was a little concern how well they would do at the start of the new year actually having to sit still and doing without toys and snacktime, but apparently Jason’s been a model little sunbeam and he loves to go.
Jason loves to sing, definitely more than the girls do and likely even more than the girls ever did at any age. Lately Jason sings this little phrase, "Jesus wants me be born" over and over again. I think it is his version of "Jesus wants me for a sunbeam". But don't think of correcting him, this new sunbeam thinks he's got it all figured out.
Has become Mr. Manners, anytime someone belches he's quick to say, "What do you say?"
Speaks great. Rarely is there a time he can't express to me what he wants to. He has a few sounds he still struggles with "k" and "g", but it's amazing how far he has come in the last six months.
Jason goes to speech twice a week at the elementary school. He enjoys it, but I miss his previous therapist. She was awesome and really connected and loved Jason. Now I sit in the school office while he goes back for 30 minutes. I don't really know her style of therapy or how well he performs for her. Like I said he likes to go and I'm sure he is benefiting from it.
This kid likes his desserts! Thankfully, he is still very understanding when there are foods he can’t eat and never gets upset when we tell him something has egg or nut in it. I know I’d be peeved if people ate delicious desserts in front of me. So glad we found a yummy egg-free chocolate cake recipe.
Jason does great entertaining himself but there are times during the day when I'm busy with Katie or working on something in the office that he'll ask, "what me do?" I then suggest some sort of activity or toy and he usually replies, "o-ta" and off he goes.
Jason loves going shopping. It doesn't matter what kind if store it is. If we're running errands he'll often ask, "where we goin' now?" and if I tell him we are going home he'll say, "no home", if I tell him we're going shopping he'll say, "ya-hoo!" Doubtful that this will last for years to come...
The grocery store by my Mom’s house in Utah had these little shopping carts for kids - Jason thought they were awesome!
Jason also has a strong opinion about which way we should drive home. To get to our house Justin usually drives along the north side to get into our neighborhood, I prefer to drive around the south side. Jason prefers the north side, but then he likes to take the long way around our block to get to our house. He calls out “go dat-way, go dat-way!” If I ignore him he responds with a frustrated moan, but if we turn the way he wants we get a great big “ya-hoo!” from the back.
Still naps, but only a few times a week.
Has started to want to help feed Katie. I'll step away for a moment and next thing I know he's got a spoonful of food in (and all around) her mouth. I appreciate the thought, but we'll need to work in his technique.
Thinks he's big enough to play rough with his older sisters but usually ends up getting hurt.
When given the chance to watch a show on TV he no longer chooses Curious George or Sesame Street. His favorites are Dora the Explorer, Go Diego Go, and his newest favorite is Max and Ruby.
Is interested in the time (probably cause his mom is a drill sergeant and doesn't like to be late). He doesn't understand it though and usually just says something like, "Mom, it four-d-nine"
Jason hair was recently at it’s longest. As I was trying to get a pre-haircut picture, he gave me phony smiles like this:
Or like this:
Then he pulled this face – and while I think it’s adorable he looks like a totally different kid.
We sure love this boy!
No comments:
Post a Comment