We knew we wanted to make a trip to Provo to show the kids around the Brigham Young University campus and visit with their Great-Grandma. My Grandma is 95 years young and recent moved out of her home in St. George into a very nice retirement home in Provo. I was surprised to see her memories still intact and find her in great health. The girls remember seeing her at my mom's wedding last year, but this is the time they have really ever been able to visit with her. After we chatted for a bit she suggested we go outside and feed the ducks at a little pond. Jason had been very reserved up til that point but this perked him right up. It took him a little while to get comfortable with the ducks following him around and trying to steal his bread, but he ended up loving it.
He was so focused on his bread that he didn’t notice this duck sneaking up on him.
I’m pretty sure that once he noticed he threw the whole piece of bread at the duck and took off.
It was a great visit and I'm so glad we made time to see her while we were in town.
We took the kids on a little tour around town showing them the different places Justin and I lived. We walked around the BYU campus a little and even did a little shopping at the BYU bookstore where Jason got a cool new hat.
Even though BYU wasn't a school I dreamed of attending, I would love my kids to have the opportunity to attend school there. Especially since they will not grow up with many members of the Church. To find yourself in that environment would be pretty incredible. It really is a special environment.
Who knows maybe these two crazy girls will be roomies at BYU someday
During our entire trip in Utah Jason was on the lookout for temples so we had to stop by the Provo Temple so Jason could get out and take a look.
No comments:
Post a Comment