Katie had her nine-month check-up this week and before I get to her stats I have to say we have the best pediatrician EVER! Dr. Oriel genuinely CARES about his patients. We switched to his office seven years ago when we heard our neighbors tell us that Dr. Oriel met them at the hospital at midnight one evening when their newborn adopted son was having some health concerns due to being born to a drug addicted mother. Dr. Oriel has a son with autism and another son with severe food allergies and asthma so he knows firsthand how to deal with challenges. At a follow-up appointment after Carly suffered a seizure at 18 months old he told me he would have wanted me to call him even if it would have been 2am. After both Jason and Katie were born he helped us get through the jaundice issues and difficulties with breast feeding and not regaining weight – sometimes seeing us several times a week (and no he didn’t bill insurance each time). He has called my house on his day off just to see if Katie had a bowel movement. He's goofy, super smart, incredible thorough, easy to talk to, my kids love him, seriously the BEST! We love him so much that we even let him name Katie. Well, we told him to give us his honest opinion on several names and he sold us on Katie. (I wrote about that here) So clearly we trust this guy. Needless to say we will not switch doctors when we move. But the BIG NEWS is that he is currently taking new patients, which he hasn't done in years. I know several people that have tried to get him in the past and couldn't so here's your chance. I'm certain you will love him too.
And here are Katie’s 9 months stats:
Height: 29 inches (90th percentile)
Weight: 20 pounds, 4.8 ounces (75th percentile)
No comments:
Post a Comment