Friday, January 7, 2011

Temple Square

As I mentioned, Jason has been very interested in temples lately. One evening as we were driving by Salt Lake he was having a hard time spotting the temple from the freeway and ended up thinking the State Capital was the temple instead. It ended up being easier to let him think that than to try and explain to him otherwise. Each time he saw a temple (and there are several in Utah) he'd ask if it was the temple we got married in. We knew we had to make a trip into Salt Lake to show him the temple Justin and I were married in almost 12 years ago.

We first took a tour of the conference center. The neatest thing to me was seeing the gallery of original paintings illustrating Book of Mormon stories. These are images that I've grown up seeing so our was neat to see the actual paintings.

I was surprised how crowded Temple Square was with it being a Tuesday AND after Christmas, but it was so packed that I didn't really feel like we could enjoy everything there was to see. Justin had to lift the girls up to even get a glimpse of the model showing the interior of the temple.

And getting a picture if the kids in front of the Christus was impossible. Still glad we went though and the kids enjoyed it.

No comments:

Post a Comment