I learned from this experience last month that our house needs to clean at all times. Even though we requested on our MLS listing a 2-hour notice, agents don't always grant that. So every morning I wake up, make beds, open blinds and curtains, and clean up breakfast before even getting dressed. It feels like I sweep that kitchen floor 50 times a day. I find myself often reminding Justin and the kids that we need to be ready "at a moments notice". For greater emphasis I often clap the four syllables, Mo. Ments. No. Tice. Don't you all wish you were living here too?
Yesterday morning we had a woman and her son knock on the front door and ask if they could come in and see the house. Thankfully, the house was straightened up and I had just finished cleaning the wood floors and bathrooms so I didn't mind showing her around.
She had nothing but positive things to say and even asked if we would consider selling some of our furniture. As they were leaving her son told her that this was his favorite house they've seen, to which she agreed.
Anyhow, as I walk back in the kitchen Justin and the kids knew exactly what I'd say, "Mo. Ments. No. Tice." – Yes, I think I even clapped it out.
I'm thinking though that maybe I should add showering to my list of must-do morning sprucing up. Cause would you buy a house from a lady wearing sweat pants, a tattered t-shirt, and a sloppy ponytail?
2 comments:
Wow...that sounds hard! My house is usually not ready for anyone to look at it, and if you saw my floors right now you would probably barf. Guess I should quit reading your blog and go sweep.
HAHA!! I can totally see you clapping it out, and I'm so impressed that you are always ready...we've only been at this a week and I've definitely taken the whole showering/getting out of pajamas farther down the list than cleaning bathrooms/sweeping the floor (again). So I think it's very common and you still look cute!
Post a Comment