Perhaps you’d think by now the
kids would have had their fill of swimming, but not our kids. They woke up ready to hit the pools
each and every day. Unfortunately
for Justin, they preferred hanging out at the pools than the beach. Justin even joked that next time our accommodations
will not include fancy pools. How
can you blame them though?
The
pool has several beanbags for guests to use. They are so comfortable. We often had 3-4 of them for our family to float around in.
Jason
is walking on the barrier here between the deeper end (on the left) and the
kiddie pool (to the right). Katie (and
Jason) spent many, many hours in the kiddie pool. Some kiddie pools are too shallow, but this was the perfect
depth that they could still swim around.
The
girls swimming around in the deep pool
It’s so interested to us to
watch people and I find it fascinating how people treat (or in my opinion,
mistreat) money. Today we
watched a family next to us order a buffet lunch poolside then only eat a
fraction of it. They had platters
and plates everywhere – hundreds of dollars. It looked so delicious and after eating sandwiches everyday
for the last week we decided to splurge and order the $8 basket of potato
wedges. They were so tasty, but sharing
one basket with six people left us wanting a dozen more. We showed restraint, but man, I could
really get used to that.
After showering that evening we
walked down the beach to a yogurt shop in the Whaler’s Village. The kids thought that creating their
own dish of yogurt was the perfect ending to our day in the sun. I agree.




2 comments:
If I didn't know any better, I would think you didn't go on this trip, Holly! I've only seen one picture of you! :)
I am loving all of your posts about Hawaii! All of that blue water and sun look amazing right now. What a great vacation for you and your family. The kids will have great memories. I've only been to Hawaii once--right after Matt took the bar and before we had kids. But it was amazing and I hope to go back someday! For now I'll live vicariously through your beautiful pictures!
Post a Comment