Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Ward Halloween Party

As I mentioned we were in Hawaii on Halloween.  HAWAII!  I mean who wouldn’t trade Halloween for Hawaii?  As fun as Hawaii was there was a part of me that missed Halloween.  Not that I decorated the house at all, we never made it to a pumpkin patch this year, and we still have NEVER carved pumpkins (I know I totally suck, right?), nor did I have any desire to plan elaborate costumes for my kids, but it's all that candy and chocolate!!!

The night before we boarded a plane to paradise we attended our ward Halloween party.  There was a yummy chili dinner, lots of fun games and activities for the kids, and oodles of delicious cupcakes for dessert.  It was supposed to be a trunk-or-treat as well, but it was pouring rain so the adults ended up lining the church hallways to pass out candy to all the costume clad children.  A poor substitute for trick-or-treating, but the kids enjoyed it and everyone came home with a small amount of candy.

We threw together costumes the day of the party – Abigail wore the bathrobe I brought home for her from Hong Kong, Carly wore the same witch costume we’ve seen multiple times in years past, Katie chose a Cinderella dress from the dress up box (and insisted on wearing the fancy heeled shoes all evening) and Jason selected a few accessories from the dress up box and called that good.    



He pretty much wore the glasses all evening – he’s that stinkin’ awesome!  

1 comment:

Chrystie said...

Um, Holl, I love you. Realize this is coming from love, and that I mean this in the nicest possible way...Jason's costume is total crap. :-)

Post a Comment