When deciding how to celebrate
Carly’s birthday the only thing Carly knew for certain was that she wanted a
minion birthday cake – deciding what to do for her party was much harder. As I mentioned Carly has lots of friend
options, but just a handful she would
really want to invite to a party so with small numbers it made going someplace
a fun option. In the end Carly
decided she wanted to go roller skating in Auburn. She invited just enough friends to fill up the van. After taking the girls to a late night
‘open skate’ last year we decided to go to the ‘family skate’ this time to
avoid the rougher teenage kids that apparently like to hangout there. It was still from 7-10pm but definitely
more family friendly. Carly has a
friend in Auburn that was able to join us there. Her mom kept me company for the first hour or so, which was
fun for me. These two don’t see
each other very often, but still seem to click whenever they get together.
I brought some snacks and
cupcakes to keep the girls fueled throughout the night. I had a groupon for cupcakes that I
decided to redeem and share with the girls. Next time I’ll just make my own cupcakes from a box for kids
cause half of them didn’t even finish them. Carly thought it was super special though (she knows how
much her momma likes gourmet cupcakes).
I knew there wasn’t much chance
the girls would want to leave before 10pm so I’d told the parents it would be a
late night. By the time we got the
last girl home it was 10:45pm. Add
to that moving the clocks up an hour and 9am church for most of the girls… made
for a very late night. They all
seemed to have a great time and the only injuries were a bruised elbow and some
sore feet from skating all night. Easiest
party ever.
And since Abigail was hiding
behind the girls in the above shot here’s proof that she was there too





No comments:
Post a Comment