Drew is now 9 months and 9 days
old! At his well child last week
he measured in as follows:
Height: 29 inches (76.17%)
Weight: 20 lbs, 6 oz (62.49%)
So he continues to be a pretty
average sized kid. Just yesterday
he’s developed a little cold and snotty nose, but overall he has been a very
healthy little boy. I can’t
believe that Drew’s next checkup will be at his one year appointment. As much as I love watching him grown
and learn it tugs at my heart to see him fly through all these baby stages.
Drew is eating great and there
are only a few things he isn’t loving – green beans and chicken noodle in a jar
being the only two I can think of right now. At his well-child the pediatrician basically told me we
could give him anything we want food-wise, except straight up cow’s milk,
anything he can choke on and…. there was one more thing, but I can remember…
perhaps it was nuts – though based on our family history we’ll stay off the
nuts for a good long while. So in
the last few days Drew has eaten lots of new foods, ham, cheese, eggs, French
fries, olives, oranges, etc…
We still need to work on
getting the sibby cup mastered, but I rarely think to give one to him.
Drew adores his older
siblings. He lights up when he
sees them. Everyone wants to give
him hugs and kisses before bed or naps.
His pediatrician commented that the fifth child probably just raises
itself. I disagreed; I think that
Drew gets as much, if not more, attention that my other kids at this age. He has a big family that loves to love
on him and wants to keep him happy.
On a rare occasion I’ll put him
in his bouncy chair. He doesn’t
like it very long and I think he’s using it more for pull-up exercises.
Drew is a mover – he likes to
scooch himself around a room in a little army crawl sort of way.
The above video was taken back
on February 13th – Drew no longer has to roll from side to side, he
pretty much stays flat on his tummy now and uses both arms to plow straight
ahead.
He gets up on his hands and
knees often, but hasn’t gotten the hang of the whole crawling thing. He’s a little yogi too – he’ll get up
on his hands and his tippy toes then lift up one of is legs into the air – I
need to get a picture of that, it’s so cute!
Still just the two bottom
teeth.
The night we started “sleep
training” we moved Drew’s crib into Jason’s room and he’s slept there every
night since. We have a play n’
pack set up in our room for weekend naps when the kids are home and it’s too
loud for Drew to sleep right next to the bonus room and stairs. Anyhow, Drew is sleeping awesome. The whole crying through the night
business went much better than I thought.
There were only a few nights he woke up and cried for longer than 5-10
minutes and after the first week I haven’t heard him cry during the middle of
the night at all. So he’s going a
solid 10-12 hours at night. As
usual, it was probably something we should have done earlier, but fear of resistance
tends to make us hold off making huge changes like that. I am grateful to reclaim my
uninterrupted night’s sleep.
Drew is not one of those babies
that will fall asleep in their mother’s arms during church so 9am (smack in the
middle of his regular nap) is a tough time for him. Yesterday I actually got to sit through Sunday School and
Relief Society, but usually we are out roaming the halls during one (or both)
of those hours and I think we’ve only made it through an entire sacrament
meeting once in the last several months.
He’s not necessarily cranky, but he likes to be busy so sitting in
someone’s lap for 3 hours doesn’t do it for him.
Nicknames include: Juburrs, Jubee







No comments:
Post a Comment