We used to love going on family
bike rides in Auburn. We haven’t
biked much here for a few reasons: there are a lot of steep hills (including
the one we live on) and we’ve had kids either too young to sit in the bike
trailer or too big for the bike trailer, but not old enough to ride along side
alone. It seems we’re finally in a
spot where we can enjoy riding as a family once again.
We pumped up all the tires and
rode around the neighborhood on Monday night. It seemed like a nice night, but once we got moving we realized
it was actually pretty chilly. I
didn’t take my camera, but I was the first home and ran in to catch a few shots
of Jason and Justin pedaling up the home stretch.
Poor Jason has a cruddy old
bike that would be difficult for any kid to ride uphill. One of these days maybe he won’t get
the shaft and will be able to ride a new bike of his own.
I used to haul Carly and Jason
around in the bike trailer before Katie was born, but I’ve had two more kids
since then and I am out of shape. Thankfully, Justin was willing to pull Katie and Drew
along. Aren’t they the cutest
little passengers?
Drew actually really enjoyed it
– though getting them both kids safely buckled tested both his and my patience. I’m excited to get back out there when
it gets a little warmer.



No comments:
Post a Comment