Tuesday, August 16, 2016

Manic Monday {August 15}

We’ve had piano lessons on Mondays from 9-10:30am this summer.  At 8:40am I got a text from our teacher saying he was out with food poisoning.  The kids are always thrilled to skip piano lessons.  I made a quick decision to try to catch a 9am bootcamp class at the Y – the girls helped me get the three littles ready and we were out of the house within five minutes.  The class was held outside which seems like a nice idea, but the heat sure makes it more exhausting for me.  After the class I hooked up with a friend and we walked “the loop” until my two hours of childcare were up. 

Linda texted me while I was at the gym and asked when she could take Jason and Katie shopping for school stuff.  We were free this afternoon (Abigail was babysitting a neighbor and Carly had plans with a friend) so we decided to meet up as soon as I could get myself showered and to Issaquah.   We met her at Chipotle where she treated us to lunch and then we hit Target.  Jason and Katie both got a pair of new pants and a few shirts for school and Drew even found a few t-shirts on clearance he liked.  Actually, he’d found himself a cute little purse and Frozen character undies in the girls section and had put them in the cart for himself.  We discreetly took them out before checking out and distracted him with a few items from the little boys section.

It was a gorgeous day today and we spent the rest of the afternoon and early evening outside playing.  Yep, even I went outside and I even visited with some neighbors. 

Justin didn’t get home from work until after 7pm, but he brought home Papa John’s so that made everything ok.  We’ve eaten a lot of Papa Johns this summer since we can get it 50% off the day after any Mariners game where they score at least 4 runs.  Go Mariners! A short FHE lesson by Carly and then ice-cream sundaes for dessert.


We finished a chocolate syrup tonight so I mixed milk into the container and served Katie some chocolate milk in a teeny margarita glass.  Drew didn’t get any chocolate milk, but he wanted some sort of fun miniature glass – thus explaining the baby food jar of milk.

No comments:

Post a Comment