Saturday, August 13, 2016

Temple {August 11}

My carpool to cub camp left early this morning (without Jason who had to crash at Grandma’s – see below).  Our ward required each scout attending camp to provide a volunteer for TWO of the four days of camp.  I thought this a bit excessive, especially since I know some parents in other wards only had to go once or were able to weasel out of going at all.  Being the slacker (i.e. brilliant) mother that I am, I sent Carly in my place.  She had to go through some training on the BSA website, but nothing she couldn’t handle.  She agreed to go both days (7 hours each day) for a whooping total of $15 – this was before we’d come up with the whole trash cleaning business.  Needless to say she wasn’t too excited about making such piddley earnings when she had a legit business going on, but a deals a deal.  :)  We figure she has enough hours volunteering that she’ll be able to count it towards a personal progress project.

After I got all the boys checked in and Carly was in her place as a “walker” I went to the temple.  Our stake was having a Relief Society endowment session at 11am and I decided I might as well do some initiatories beforehand.  Justin and I volunteered to go this evening for a ward sealing assignment so I thought it would be neat to do the initiatory, endowment, and sealings (to her parents and to her spouse) for the same person all in one day. 

I wasn’t home much that afternoon as I had to get a ride out to North Bend to pick up the van from the shop and then head back down to Maple Valley to pick up the scouts from camp.  It was an exhausting morning/afternoon.

Justin ran into his office after we left the temple that night and grabbed a couple Cold Stone ice creams he’d saved for us.  Perfect end to a busy day.

No comments:

Post a Comment