Tuesday, March 27, 2018

Carly’s 14th Birthday

Carly was lucky this year to have her birthday fall on Sunday – not just any Sunday, but Fast Sunday.  Ha!  She had a party the day before.  We actually purchased the groupon for the electric boat rental for Abigail’s birthday party in January, but they were closed during the time we wanted to schedule so Carly got to swoop in and use it for her party instead.  She invited several friends to join the fun.  It was a busy Saturday and a few friends had sports commitments and couldn’t attend, but the group that came had a lot of fun.  Justin and I were both originally planning to go out on the boat with them, but in the end everyone could all fit in one car if I stayed back.  I got a picture of the girls before they left the house Seattle-bound.


I was bummed to miss the fun.  I love watching my teenage girls interact with their friends.   I packed up a whole bunch of goodies and treats for the girls to enjoy during their two hour boat ride.  Justin was their chauffer around Lake Union and thankfully took a couple pictures of the girls for me.


The girls came back to the house and hung out until late playing games and watching a movie.

For Carly’s actually birthday she requested a breakfast omelet for dinner and a red velvet cake for dessert.  Easy peesy.  A very small part of me might actually miss the elaborate cake decorating of years past.

Aren’t little brothers the best?!?


She also requested homemade pretzels which we had as an after school snack the next day.  The following Saturday we were able to redeem her birthday goodies at Red Robin and Cold Stone Creamery while the two of us were out and about for her solo & ensemble performance.  


Happy Birthday Carly!

No comments:

Post a Comment