Wednesday, March 28, 2018

Let there be music!

Tis’ the season for spring concerts. 

Jason had a concert at the high school on March 1 – his elementary school choir performed, a local middle school performed, one of the high school choirs performed and then they all did a number together.  It was cool to see the evolution of the choirs in the valley, but boy was it a late night.  I had been running around to sporting events, practices, etc… since school let out and in hindsight I should have had Abigail come and get Katie and Drew so they didn’t have to be out so late (Justin was at a church meeting).  Alas we all survived, but this was the only clip I got of the entire evening.   Jason’s the handsome dude on the back row near the middle.


Carly participated in the regional solo & ensemble festival on Saturday March 10 – she played the clarinet with two other girls and there was a boy on the flute.  Their performance wasn’t their best – Carly said she started them out too slow.  The second video is the instructor working with them to quicken up the pace and add a little more pop to the piece.


Carly had her spring band concert on March 14 – I brought Jason with me since he started playing the clarinet this year.  I thought it would be fun for him to see what a middle school band concert is like since {gasp!} he’ll be in middle school next year.  I don’t think he’ll continue with band, instead he’s leaning towards just choir.  I actually had a seat this time with a mostly clear shot of Carly (front and center):


No comments:

Post a Comment