Saturday, March 24, 2018

Mid-Winter Break - {Day 8 – Cozumel, Mexico}

As I mentioned, Justin and I cruised this same Royal Caribbean itinerary way back in May 2001. The weekend we left on the cruise we found out that after two years we were finally expecting our first baby. By the end of the weeklong cruise I was already dead dog sick. Thankfully I was able to enjoy Haiti and Jamaica before my all-day-sickness set in; however, by the time we reached our last port, Cozumel, I was a goner. I walked off the ship and then turned right around and went back to the ship and to bed, sending Justin off to scuba dive and enjoy the day without me.

We also visited Cozumel during a cruise with Justin's family in the fall of 2009. On that trip we took a taxi to a beach that had water toys in the ocean and got dumped on most of the day. We were hoping for better luck this time.

We weren’t in any hurry this morning – slept in a bit and then took advantage of the short lines at the flowriders.  Justin had advanced to the standing flowrider by this point or to attempting tricks on the kneeboard.


Jason had advanced to getting on his knees.


After disembarking from the ship we decided to take a taxi to Buccanos, a beach club my friend visited a few weeks ago. There were six or seven ships in port today so it was crowded. It was much more crowded than the pictures my friend had sent me and the waves were rougher than when she visited. It was still fun. We got to go snorkeling and there was a pool to play in as well.


While I was out snorkeling with Justin, Hallie and Tami were keeping an eye on Drew. When I got back they said he'd taken some pretty big tumbles in some big waves but we're shocked how much he loved it and wanted more, more, more. That kid is so much fun and such a happy boy. Seriously we get so much attention from strangers that get a kick out of watching or listening to him.


The weather today wasn't awesome; overcast most of the time and a few showers. We only stayed a few hours before the majority of our group was ready to head back to the ship.


The kids played in the pools for several hours onboard and then we ate dinner in the buffet. Though dinner isn't the most accurate term, we got distracted by all the yummy desserts - chocolate dipped strawberries, crepes, and freshly made donuts.  We ate more sugar than actual food tonight.

Another show tonight. Another strange show. They do throw in some adult humor in the shows, but for the most part we've been able to avoid inappropriate entertainment.  This was the Columbus show and yes that is men dressed as sharks and the women as hamburgers – so bizarre.


I will say the smoking on the ship has been annoying. It's supposed to be contained to certain areas, but it's not strictly enforced and some of the smoking areas are so centrally located that they are hard to avoid.

No comments:

Post a Comment