We were up
earlier than expected Tuesday morning and quickly packed up our stuff to head
to our sweet hotel in town. They even had a room ready for us so we were
able to check in early. We rely heavily on Tripadvisor for food
recommendations while we travel - rarely have we been disappointed. This
morning we ate breakfast at Theo's Cozy Corner Restaurant. I saw some
tempting pictures in the reviews for their chocolate French toast - I couldn't
resist. Wowsers, was that a sugar rush of a breakfast. Some fellow
diners were pretty impressed that I was able to put that all down.
We decided since
neither of us knew much about Boston that we would do a tour of the Freedom
Trail. At first I was pretty excited to see our guide all dressed up in
an old-fashioned war uniform. Shows how much I knew - I didn't realize he
was dressed up as a British loyalist and that his entire tour would be
preformed under this identity. So when we wanted to hear about our
American heroes, he was bashing them and calling them some pretty offensive
names. It was disappointing. Nonetheless, we followed the dude
around Boston and listened to his spill trying to catch some glimpses of
interesting, patriotic history.
Massachusetts State House
Granary Burying Ground – one of many graveyards in Boston
Old State House
King’s Chapel Burying Ground
Benjamin Franklin Statue and the First School Site
Old South Meeting House
I was surprised that a Chipotle was occupying the Old Corner Bookstore
built in 1718
After the tour
Justin and I took the water shuttle up north to visit the USS Constitution.
I thought it was pretty cool to see. I’m not sure how anyone over 5 feet
tall could have traveled in that ship – the ceilings were so, so low. The museum was also very interesting.
We were so, so
close to Bunker Hill but Justin needed to be back at the hotel for his first
class so we headed back to the hotel. I love all the cool homes in
Boston.
Since Justin
missed his Red Sox game he was toying around with getting tickets to the
Celtics playoff game tonight. He
hemmed and hawed about it and finally pulled the trigger about an hour before
the game started. We grabbed a
quick dinner at Qdoba outside the stadium and then found our seats way up near
the top. A sweet surprise was that
everyone had a Celtics shirt on their seats – something about getting crap for
free just makes us happy.
The game was
good, but it was really odd to be at a game, especially a playoff game, whether
neither of us cared a lick about which team won. Strange not to root for a team and just sit and watch
it. Kind of takes a lot out of the
experience. No regrets
though. We had a good time and
enjoyed some nachos and basketball.






















No comments:
Post a Comment