Wednesday, May 30, 2018

April Wrap-Up

April 1:  On our way back from celebrating Easter at the Fletchers we hit snow coming over Tiger Mountain.  Like a sick April fools joke. 


It kept snowing and by 10:30pm we had about 4” of accumulation.  It was enough for a late start for the schools the next day.

April 4:  I can’t remember the story behind these pictures, but it’s so usually for Drew to fall asleep in the car that it was a picture-worthy event. Plus he’s just so stinkin adorable.



Then the fact that I got him out of the car and when I set him on the couch he fell back to sleep – musta been feeling sick or something.


April 6:  Katie’s room has a full-sized bed so it’s our guest room when we have company.  As we were getting everything cleaned up and ready for my Mom’s visit we pulled back her bookcase and found this stash…


A huge pile of wrappers from what one can only assume are stolen goods.

April 9:  Redeeming birthday freebies is always a birthday highlight around here.  Today Katie and I enjoyed her birthday lunch at Red Robin followed by a delicious birthday dessert at Cold Stone.


April 22:  Jason’s piano recital was this evening – it was loooong, but he did great on his two pieces.



April 24:  Katie’s second grade concert was this evening.  I need to start taking my DSLR camera to these things because phone pictures don’t quite cut it.  Instead of a cute picture here’s a short video with a few of the songs they sang – you’ll find her on the back row next to the boy wearing green who appears to have a case of some serious head-bobbing.  She’s was pretty excited there was a song about hippos, as was I.


April 25:  Drew went to a birthday party today for Kyla, a cute little girl in his preschool & primary class.  Is this is first birthday party ever?  Goodness, I can’t keep my kids lives straight.  It was at a nearby bouncy house and Drew ran around non-stop with his little buddies.

The whole bouncy crew 
   
Drew’s best little buddies

Afterward we met up with some friends for lunch at Café Rio and then because it was such a beautiful day we all went to a nearby park to visit and let the kids play.

April 26:  Today was hot – mid eighties.  Jason and Katie walk home up a beasty hill and they were red-faced and sweaty when they arrived at our front door.  I posted this picture on Instagram stories and added a bit of text to each story ending in this final post.


Drew can be such a ham sometimes and wanted his picture taken as well.  That smile!


April 28:  The pinewood derby was held this afternoon.  We combine Cub Scouts with the other ward that meets in our building and together the wards pitched in and bought a shiny new track.  They also invited all the 8 & 9 year old activity day girls to join the races so Katie was able to participate – much to Justin’s dismay.  I’m sure I’ve stated it before but we are the worst scout parents.  Jason goes to scouts each week, but apparently that isn’t enough for him to earn any actually badges cause we go to pack meeting each and every month and he doesn’t get anything.  Sure we could be more involved at home, but I’ve passed that on to Justin to manage and that about says it all.  Anyhow, pinewood derby.  Jason and Katie’s cars basically looked like a block of wood cut at an angle with wheels on it.  We didn’t have many paint color options so they both used blue and green and just flip flopped where each color was painted. Then to add weight they piled on a bunch of quarters and secured it all with duct tape.  The activity day girls went first and Katie’s car “X Marks” faired as expected.  Needing a push here and there to even cross the finish line.  She’s in the far left lane in this video.



Jason’s car, “Ghetto Car”, surprised us with actually coming in first in a couple heats.  Go figure.  You can see how invested Jason was during the races as he spent much of the evening reading the book he’d brought with him.  In this clip Jason’s car is in the second track closest to him. I didn’t believe his car was actually placing so that’s Jason turning around to make sure I saw that he came in first. Jason placed third overall in the Boy Scout races.



April 29: I posted this group of books on Instagram with the caption, “When several of the books you put on hold come in at the same time!  What to read first?”  My favorite response was, “Present over perfect – that way if you don’t make it through all of them you’ll know it’s okay.”  A month has past and I’m impressed I’ve actually completed three of them – The War that Saved my Life, What Alice Forgot, and Where There’s Hope.  I’m about half way through Present over Perfect, but it’s not an entertaining book and while it has several great points let’s be honest I’m not going to remember them so I don’t think I’ll invest the time to finish it, we’ll see.


April 30:  This morning Drew made my bed for me – well done buddy!

No comments:

Post a Comment