Wednesday, July 24, 2019

Bali, Indonesia {Day 9} – Melia & Parasailing

A few pictures from Justin’s morning run…


Breakfast was again delivered to the villa today.  Today was our day to stay at the Melia resort and enjoy all the amenities.  

Each night we had a folder (and trinket) delivered to our room for us to indicate our requests for the following day.  Since we had 3 days at the resort we were able to request a different floral arrangement each day of our stay.  My favorite scent was the frangipani flowers (used in our lei and floating in the bowl).  The other two arrangements are the white (and not very pleasant smelling) sedap malam in the middle and a purple orchid arrangement.  Wish we could have taken these beauties home with us.


We got a lot of use out of our floatie.  Best idea ever!


Justin took a bunch of pictures of our villa…


We walked down to the beach… I love that they put flowers along the walkways…

I think it’s funny that they bury the seaweed in the sand when the tide is out

We had to take a picture with the Melia Bali swing and hammock.  We did this at two different times of the day so thus the variation in the tide.


While hanging out on the beach we bartered for a paragliding experience.  We’d never been before and were excited to give it a try.


I was sitting way too far forward in the harness so it was quite an ab workout for me, but fun nonetheless.

The massive Level pool was never busy and always the perfect temperature for me.


We had to fit in one more massage before leaving Bali.  I also wanted to try a facial since I’d never had one before and they were only a few dollars.  Many spas offer free transportation to/from your hotel so we went that route.  I got a 90 minute massage with a 30 minute facial and Justin got a 120 minute massage. Then afterward we both got pedicures. All that, and tip, for less than $50. 


This was Justin’s first pedicure and he wasn’t impressed.  I didn’t think it compared to pedicures in the states so it was a bit disappointing for me as well.  I also wasn’t impressed with my facial.  I think they basically just washed my face.  Oh well, no harm in giving it a try.  The massages felt fantastic.

Finding dinner was frustrating tonight as two of the hotel restaurants were still closed.  There was a Spanish restaurant we really wanted to try, but it was closed during our entire stay.  I think we ended up just snacking on food we had in the room. Bummer way to end our last night in Bali.

No comments:

Post a Comment