Sunday, November 25, 2012

Hawaii – Day 11: Our Final Day in Hawaii

Unfortunately, it was time to pack up our things and head home, but not before spending as much time at the pool as we could before being forced to check out of the hotel.

There was a little wrestling in the pool…


And more sliding…

What?!? We can’t go down as one massive body?

Then it was down to the beach for a little body surfing…


The kids were finally hooked and it wasn’t easy to pry them away from the beach.  But unfortunately, it was time to shower and head out.

Goodbye Blackrock

Goodbye awesome pool

I had one last restaurant I wanted to check out on our way to the airport – Leoda’s Kitchen and Pie Shop.  We found it to be a hidden gem and the food was divine.  Justin said their fries were the best on the island.  I had fried macaroni and cheese and the most delicious scalloped potatoes I’ve ever tasted.  Abigail was quite brave and tried several new types of food while in Hawaii – today she had a hot dog with pineapple chutney and poha berry mustard – she loved it.  Wouldn’t it be a shame to eat at a pie shop and not try pie? – those of us without nut allergies shared a small macadamia nut chocolate praline pie – goodness, there are some good eats in Hawaii!

As I mentioned the flight home was relaxing and effortless.  We didn’t get home til 1am, but everyone did awesome.  Katie was insistent anytime we were lugging around all our suitcases on the trip that she pull one on her own.  Even at midnight she hauled that suitcase all through the airport – which got many, many comments throughout the trip.

Wow, so thus concludes our 10 nights in paradise.  We had an amazing time – I love being with my little family.  We’ll definitely return to Hawaii again – I think spending Justin’s 40th birthday (Thanksgiving of 2015) in Hawaii would be just about perfect – wanna join us?

4 comments:

Chrystie said...

I wanna come!

Holly said...

And Chrystie, how does celebrating our 40th birthday on a Disney Mediterranean cruise sound?

Ben and Carrie said...

What an awesome trip! Thanks for sharing all the great pictures. Count us in for Thanksgiving 2015! :)

Chrystie said...

Holl, that sounds fabulous! (but I am only 31, so it is going to be a while until I am 40. But we can go for your 40th :-)

Post a Comment