I don’t think I’ve ever gone a
whole month without updating the blog. It's actually nice to know a few of you
have missed catching up with us and have kindly informed me that I need to get
back into posting regularly.
October (and September) were crazy, it always is.
Justin was MIA as he was working overtime to get through his busy season. Just
days after we made it through his October 16 deadline he was off to Florida for
a week to attend a work conference. His Dad likes to tag along on his business
trips, especially to warm destinations. The conferences are always in nice
hotels and the company picks up the tab. They spent a few extra days in Florida
visiting the Keys and enjoying Universal Studios. With Justin MIA I was on my
getting the kids to all their stuff,
with three kids in soccer we were all over the valley on a daily basis. Justin
got home from Florida just 36 hours before we all left on our wonderful, and
much needed 10 day vacation to Maui. We just got home early Thursday morning
(1am) and have much to catch up on.
Jason's soccer ended mid-October. He
had so much fun playing in his first season. His team only had six players. The
games were a hoot to watch, Jason scored a few goals during the season, but
spent most of the time running around with a big smile on his face. He wasn't
the most talented player, but he wasn't the little boy who thought he was all
that, but couldn't stay on his feet after he kicked the ball and who burst into
tears every time the opposing team scored. And he wasn't the little girl who
cried exhaustion when she was on the field for more than 2 minutes, but who
made a stink about rotating out. We are so glad he was on the same team as his
buddy Everett. They have so much fun together.
Abigail is playing her final soccer game
this morning, in the freezing cold. Justin texted me after they left and said
it was snowing. I’m a little doubtful there was actually any snow, but the
rooftops in the neighborhood were frosted over so it could be a possibility. Outdoor soccer in November isn't pleasant
for players or spectators! Carly also had a game early this morning, but Jason
was up several times last night throwing up so we got her a ride with a
teammate so we wouldn't have to haul him out to the girls’ games. Carly’s final
game is next Saturday. Jason,
Katie, and I have spent the morning watching cartoons and working on this here
update to let you know we are still alive.
We expected to be up several times
last night, but not because of Jason. He went to bed without any signs of being
sick. However, when I was putting Katie to bed last night she asked to sleep in
the girls old "big girl bed" that has been in Katie's room since the
girls got twin beds earlier this year. Why not, right? I tucked her in, closed
the door and we didn't hear from her til 13 hours later. Hopefully the move
from crib to bed will continue to be effortless.
More to come as life becomes a bit
more normal around here…

3 comments:
I have been wondering where you were!!! I'm glad you guys got to take the whole family to Hawaii, that sounds awesome (and I can't wait to see pictures of that!)
Glad you're back- back to the blogging world, and back from your fabulous vacation.
Post a Comment