Thursday, March 22, 2018

Mid-Winter Break - {Day 6 – Jamaica}

When Justin and I visited Jamaica 17 years ago we went to Dunn’s River Falls. I remember it was fun, climbing up the waterfall holding hands with the group climbing up with you, but I didn't think it would be doable for Katie and Drew so we decided to visit the Blue Hole instead. Tami booked a van and driver for the day, which was so much cheaper than doing an excursion through the ship.

As it turns out the Blue Hole wasn't really ideal for young kids like Katie and Drew either. Drew was just too little to move through the water and rocks on his own and Katie was too scared to do most of the jumping (as was I). The guides at the Blue Hole were awesome though and scooped up Drew anytime he needed help. Drew didn't love being lugged around by a stranger but they didn't catch on and we appreciated the help.

We climbed, we jumped, we swung, there was even a cave under a waterfall we climbed into and crawled out of on our bellies. It was a really fun experience.


Before buckling up Drew took some time to try to wipe all the sand off his feet – funny kid!


After the Blue Hole we made our way back towards the ship.  We had the driver stop at a little gas station/market so we could get some snacks.  Apparently the snacks were cheap so they bought lots of goodies. 


There were a few emergency bathroom breaks along the way for Katie and myself – I can’t recall a time I have ever needed to pee so badly in my life.  While I relieved myself (thankfully in a restroom – Katie wasn’t so lucky and had to do her business on the side of the road) Justin got some jerk chicken to enjoy at Scotchies.


We stopped at Burwood Beach for a few hours and had a lovely afternoon. Gorgeous beach with the softest sand! Perfect end to our day in Jamaica!


Carly’s ear was bothering her so she didn’t play in the water a whole lot.

That dark spot on the bottom left? That’s my baby – fearless that kid! 
   

Drew likes to have little races from the water and back – he’ll even do it all by himself.


After an amazing day in Jamaica we headed back to the ship.


Once onboard the kids took advantage of the pools being less crowded and swam for awhile the sunset.


We dined late in the dining room. Service was slow and cruise food is cruise food. The kids were tired by the time dinner was done so they went back to the room to sleep and Justin and I walked around Central Park and then caught the love and marriage game show.

1 comment:

Chrystie said...

Looks so fun! I really could use a beach about now.

Post a Comment