Saturday, June 9, 2018

Pacific Science Center with Katie {May 15}

In early April Katie’s teacher send out an email to gauge how many parents would be interested in chaperoning the second grade field trip to the Pacific Science Center.  There was so much interest that they held a lottery and I was one of the lucky parents chosen.  I’m not always eager to go on field trips with a bunch of hyper elementary students, but I was excited for the opportunity to spend the day with Katie.  I was actually given a really great group – three girls and one boy.  I think the boy has a reputation for being a little crazy, but besides being a bit of a flight risk it he was great.  All were quite affectionate which surprised me.  We had to wait outside in the cold a bit before going in and each of them at some point tried to snuggle up with me.  Took me by surprise, but it was nice to see that little eight year olds can still be sweet kids.

We were one of the first to visit the butterfly house


The kids were surprisingly really into the health and wellness exhibit. Especially the café where they were able to take foods from off a conveyer belt and put together balanced meals on a computer screen.


This sand table was a really fun way to teach topography

my group sitting in a dinosaur track 
   
Katie and one of her close friends Sarah

On our way out Katie got to try out the hurricane simulator


Such a fun day with my girl!

No comments:

Post a Comment