Thursday, July 14, 2016

Cow Appreciation Day {July 12}

Today was an EPIC day – meaning Carly spent all day cleaning trash containers (see post below).  Jason wasn’t feeling at all helpful today but Katie spent hours outside helping Carly any way she could and earned herself $3 this week. 

I was glad to capture Jason and Katie doing a little reading mid-afternoon.  This picture make me so happy.


Today was also Cow Appreciation Day – meaning we could each score a free entrée at Chick-fil-A by wearing any type of cow paraphernalia.  Problem was that Justin drove the carpool out to UW this morning with the van so I didn’t have the enough space to take all the kids. So we waited and waited for Justin to get home (of course there just had to be a major accident on I90). Another obstacle was that it was also youth night so we were super tight on time to make it there and back.  The second Justin pulled into the driveway we loaded up and headed out.  We even drove his car out to the Preston park-n-ride so we could split directions afterward without coming home first.  Goodness, the things we do for free food!

Thankfully, the line at Chick-fil-A wasn’t too bad.  It was a nice change to be able to order any entrée on the menu instead of being limited to the original chicken sandwich (lest you forget we ate over 150 original sandwiches in the last 15 months).  I settled on the chicken wrap, which was tasty, but Abigail’s salad looked like the direction I’ll need to go next time.


Jason and Justin zipped off to Snoqualmie Falls for a scout hike, arriving about 15 minutes late, and I got the girls to the church about 15 minutes late as well.  Totally not the way I roll, but justified :)

No comments:

Post a Comment