Abigail is attending a volleyball camp this week in
Seattle at the University of Washington.
She’s been so excited about this camp and wanted to go bad enough that
she was willing to pay for half of the fees herself. There are four other girls she knows participating – one
lives in Carnation, another in Fall City, one in “Old” Snoqualmie, one in North
Bend and then us in Snoqualmie “Ridge”.
We chose the park-n-ride in Preston as our meeting point. We live the closest to Preston so
that’s a nice perk – carpooling with school friends usually doesn’t work in our
favor. Anyhow, I had to get her
there at 7am so, since I was already up, I headed straight to the gym after
dropping her off.
Carly and Jason still had piano at our house later
that morning and then it was Katie’s turn for a summer lunch date. She also chose Red Robin (my third
visit in 2 weeks) – I actually didn’t mind since I had my free birthday burger
to use.
Facebook notified me that six years ago today I
shared the top picture below of Katie.
Then and Now.
I miss my babies! They are all growing up so fast. I can’t even bear to think of how much my baby girl will
change in six more years.
Katie and I ran a few errands together and then
before long it was time to pick up Abigail. Abigail’s phone died while she was a EFY. T-Mobile had a 4th of July special
offered a new iPhone 5S for $299 and she decided she was ready to make the
biggest purchase of her life thus far.
Glad she’s willing to work hard and save, but I have a hard time letting
my kids spend their money. Anyhow,
we went straight from pickup to the T-Mobile store to get her new phone
activated.
Since we were just a few miles from a 7-11 on 7-11
we had to swing by for a free Slurpee.
Those few miles at 5pm and the long line at 7-11 didn’t make for a very
quick trip, but Abigail loved it.
When we arrived home Carly just about had dinner
ready {seriously, that sounds so awesome, right? To come home to a home cooked
meal at the end of a long day}
Dinner was followed by FHE which was followed by hostess cupcakes for
dessert which was followed by my jumping ship to hang with friends for the rest
of the night – much needed and enjoyed.


No comments:
Post a Comment