Monday, July 25, 2016

Vancouver BC & Adele! {July 21-22}

Way back in December Laura and Sommer started making plans for us to see Adele in Vancouver, BC.  Adele would also coming to Seattle, but during the week of girls camp.  Several of us were online when tickets went on sale, but Laura was the only one to get through… three times!  She was able to purchase enough tickets for seven ladies in sets of 4-2-1.  Unfortunately, a few weeks later she found out tickets were limited to four per person so they took the last three tickets back.  At first the other ladies were still planning on coming to Canada even if they couldn’t attend the concert, but in the end it came down to just the four who had tickets – Me, Laura, Sommer, and Natalie.

We left at 6:30am Thursday so we could make it into Canada for the ropes course Sommer convinced us to book at Wildplay. I’m not a fan of heights so I was pretty nervous about doing obstacles high up in the trees.  The hardest by far for me, mentally, was having to climb straight up a log offering just a few rungs to hold/step on – nothing behind or below me.


I love this video of Laura swinging into the cargo net, especially Natalie’s mid-film snort.  I slammed into the net so hard that I forgot to grab onto the net before it kicked me back up the line.

We headed into Vancouver with a list of recommended food places for lunch.  Laura and I opted for yummy grilled cheese sandwiches from a food truck.  I got the Jackson 3 special which was a triple-decker with three different types of cheeses – so yum, but so much food.  She and I also split a dessert sandwich – delicious!

The plan was to rent bikes and bike around Stanley Park.  When we saw that the bike shop had tandem bikes we couldn’t resist!  Sommer and I fell into sync right away.  It took Laura and Natalie a little while to find their balance.  So funny!  The ride was beautiful!


We checked into our hotel and had a few minutes to clean up and change clothes before heading out to dinner and the concert.  We weren’t able to hail a taxi so instead we walked to the arena and split some appetizers at a random restaurant near by.  Adele was amazing!  Her vocal range is phenomenal and I love how simple she kept a concert this large.  She’s not a performer as far as dancing and putting on a show, but she is so personable.  I loved her crazy chit-chat and the back stories she shared about her music.  So, so great!


We got ice-cream at Lik, a fun, new nitrogen ice-cream shop on our way back to the hotel.  Super unique and yummy.  I especially loved that each creation came with a literal shot of something delicious – my Cookie Monster came with a shot of chocolate ganache and a giant cookie.


Unfortunately, Sommer needed to get back home early Friday so just one day in Vancouver was all we could coordinate – we seriously packed it in and couldn’t have had any more fun than we did.

On our way out of Vancouver, Friday morning we hit up a highly recommended bakery in Granville Island – A Bread Affair.  I love the name and I loved the two still warm chocolate croissants I inhaled.  And as if that wasn’t enough, I insisted we check out an ice-cream shop just over the US border in Blaine, WA and Laura insisted we swing by Chick-fil-A as we got closer to home.  

Back at home the three youngest enjoyed having a nanny on Thursday – she took them to a couple parks and apparently played Ticket to Ride a couple times.   Justin took Friday off.  He and the three youngest went to a movie and lunch with Grandma Fletcher after dropping the girls off at their final day of volleyball camp at the high school.

I actually got home from my trip before Justin and the kids.  I was so wiped out that I was actually grateful a float trip on the river for a friends birthday was cancelled due to crummy weather.  Justin still wanted to go out on a date that night so we kept it simple and tried a new restaurant on the ridge.  T-Mobile just introduced a new perks program for employees similar to the Microsoft Prime card.  We are most excited about all the BOGO free restaurants, including the yummy restaurant we tried tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment