Each summer it takes some getting used to having five
kids at home expecting to eat each and every day, multiple times a day. We still haven’t quite gotten into the groove
of having planned and thought out lunches and dinners.
The girls are each supposed to cook at least one meal a week during the
summer so that should help a bit. Today we
threw together paninis for lunch.
Jason and Katie are always excited to take turns taking everyone’s
orders – having it organized makes it much easier to put together a bunch of
sandwiches at the same time.
(Abigail was off babysitting most of the day and Drew shares a sandwich with Katie)
I gotta say I’m still super happy with my implementation
of assigning each child a different color of plastic cup and limiting each
kiddo to just two. I did this back
in the summer of 2014 and it has changed our lives!
Seriously, a brilliant concept for any mom with lots of kiddos. It has saved us many dishes and it
makes it super easy to know who hasn’t put their cup away or finished their
drink.
Looking at the picture above I’m also reminded how glad
I am that I used a different first initial for each of my kiddos. I use their first initial all. the. time. – on their towel
hooks, on my calendar, on shopping lists, etc…
The Snoqualmie Falls ward just switched their youth
nights from Tuesdays to Wednesdays.
Since our new ward meets on Tuesdays still this means my girls can
attend the SnoFalls youth activities on occasion. Tonight they were invited to join the SnoFalls YW
swimming. Not the best weather,
but in the northwest we take what we can get.
Apparently Carly won the competition “holding your
breath under water the longest” – I’m such a proud mama.


No comments:
Post a Comment