Thursday, July 14, 2016

Wacky Wednesday {July 13}

Another early morning drop-off for me and then I joined Camden for a run around Mill Pond Loop. My THIRD day in a row exercising – which is pretty much unheard of.  I knew I’d be sore after yesterdays boot camp class, but Camden is moving to Georgia soon and I couldn’t say no.

Abigail got to tour the UW Stadium and locker room today – she was impressed. 


Carly had a few yard waste containers to clean this morning and as she was wrapping up she said, “I have something fun I want to do with Jason when we’re done.”  Um, come again!?!  Not that the two don’t ever spend time together, but I’m not sure I’ve ever heard something like that come out of Carly’s mouth before. 

After lunch Carly and Jason headed down to the ridge on their bikes.  Carly wanted to pickup a Starbucks gift card for an upcoming birthday party and she wanted to stop in at the yogurt shop to eat through some of her recent cash inflow.  It was so sweet of her to want Jason to go with her that I was all for it.  Turns out part of the sidewalk was closed so they had to find their way to the ridge on greenbelt hiking trails.  What an adventure!  They even spotted some local wildlife (thankfully, not a bear).  They were gone over two hours and had lots of fun – except for the ride back home where they ended up having to trek up the steepest hill to get home.


Meanwhile, back at home, I put Drew down for a nap and Katie asked me, “Why don’t you watch any of your shows anymore?  Can we please watch a show together?”  We rarely watch TV and it’s even more uncommon for me to sit down and watch anything, but it sounded nice to my aching body so we sat down and watched an episode of 19 Kids & Counting (yes, we’re THAT far behind).   

We’re eating lots of otterpops around here, even though the temps have been much cooler than normal

Justin was planning on picking up Abigail at the Underbrinks in Carnation at 8:30pm (the other girls from camp were all spending the night, but we don’t do sleepovers) they invited him to come early and join them on their sport court.  They arrived home hours later with Justin ready to tear up our backyard and put in a sport court.  If only we didn’t have multiple backyard neighbors in whose yards we’d be losing balls on a all too frequent basis.  Meanwhile Carly had friends over for a “late night” and I finally got a chance to start a new book I’ve been excited about.

No comments:

Post a Comment