After Justin and I spent the morning at our
respective “House of Pains” – where I tried the monkey bars for the first time
in my adult life (got half way across) and did my first ever set of back squats
(so sore the next day, and the next day, and the next…), we asked the girls
when the best time for Justin and I to go out would be. The girls wanted to do some shopping
with me later in the day so they told us to go right after lunch and to “be
gone for a really long time” so they could make a bunch of desserts while we
were gone. Um, okay!
We decided to try another new restaurant on
Justin’s passport card – we made it just in time to catch the tail end of
brunch so I had to try the stuffed French toast. Thus negating any benefits from my morning workout.
We also hit up Costco, American Eagle (where I
tried on nearly every pair of jeans in the store), and Nordstrom (where I had a
$10 certificate). I must have
looked completely overwhelmed in Nordstrom because a very nice employee asked
me how she could help and was baffled I had (still have) no idea how to shop in
that store. I’m much more
comfortable shopping online and just returning everything that doesn’t
work. I ended up finding a couple
t-shirts, but even after the gift certificate they cost more than I’d usually
spend so they’ll likely stay in the bag for awhile until I concede.
By the time we got home the girls had whipped up
lemon crinkle cookies, caramel brownies, and chocolate chip cookie cheesecake
bars. Yum! An added bonus was that they had
cleaned up the kitchen and put away all their dishes!
A deals a deal – so I headed back out with Abigail to
do some more running around. Carly stayed back to play night games with
friends.

No comments:
Post a Comment