This morning I captured Drew “reading” a book to himself. I had to video him because I’d never
seen him making up his own little language and speaking quite this animated.
Oh, how I love this boy!
The only thing I can make out is the occasional
“Let it go” – from reading Frozen seek & find books and “The End”
Carly’s turn for a lunch date today and she was in
the mood for….. {drum roll}….. macaroni and cheese? – um, ok! I’d heard that Beecher’s Handmade
Cheese had recently opened a location in Bellevue Square and that they had the
“World’s Best Mac and Cheese” I
was surprised that it was more of a take-out café than a sit-down restaurant,
but the reviews on the mac and cheese were on point – so yum. It was so creamy and rich. We shared a large serving of mac and
cheese as well as a grilled cheese sandwich – both delicious.
Carly and I ran a few errands before and after
lunch, including picking up Fifi at the Bellevue Nursery. I’ve been wanting a fiddle fig tree in
our living room for over a year. Justin
and I saw one in Home Depot last spring for $30, but we hadn’t painted the room
yet so I thought we’d just wait and buy one later. Well I’ve probably checked multiple Home Depot stores at
least two dozen times since then and they haven’t had any fiddle fig trees nor
could I request one be brought in from their supplier. I finally decided it was time to just
buy one directly from a nursery even if it was going to cost 3X the
amount. So thus enters Fifi into
our lives. She’s only 4 feet tall,
but a 5 foot tree would have cost $200 and a 6-7 foot tree $595!!! Hopefully with time Fifi will grow to her
full potential.
While Carly and I were out Jason went biking at
Duthie Hill with the Ricks family.
Apparently, there are some pretty intense biking trails and obstacles at
Duthie Hill. Thankfully, they
stayed on the green trails. Jason
had a blast.
Before bed Justin had the kids upstairs watching
American Ninja Warrior. When I
came up mid-show I found that he was having them do burpees during the commercial
breaks. So funny to see Drew out
there giving it his all.



No comments:
Post a Comment