I’ve totally slacked on school work these last few days. Drew was supposed to work on a writing assignment yesterday and turn it in today. He wasn’t interested and I wasn’t interested in motivating/helping him so we didn’t do it. Hopefully CJ&K are on top of all their homework because I basically removed myself from the equation.
Instead of homeschooling I baked. I made two loaves of French bread because I want to make overnight French toast tonight to enjoy tomorrow morning. Then in an effort to use some random ingredients I’ve found in my pantry – like flaxseed and wheat germ – I made a batch of banana-blueberry muffins which the kids really liked – I think they would be even better if I’d had some fresh berries on hand instead of frozen.
After lunch JK & I took off on a bike ride. We cruised down the parkway and were a fair amount along the trail and Katie was struggling in the rear. When I slowed down to let her catch up I noticed her back tire was COMPLETELY flat! No wonder she was struggling to keep up. We didn’t have a bike pump with us so I had to call Carly to come help us.
While we were waiting Katie decided she would just go home with Carly and go on a smaller bike ride closer to home with Drew and I when we got back. So it was just Jason and me biking along Lake Alice. It’s a pretty short ride – bicycling wise – but the climb home is a BEAR! Ugh, my heart just about leaps out of my chest every time I bike up the parkway. A nice little workout though. Once I got Katie’s tire pumped up back at home KD & I pedaled off to the park to cruise around. Drew is a pro now. Ok, maybe not a pro, but he’s got this whole biking thing down.
While at the park I tried to listen to the governor’s press conference where he announced that our stay-at-home order would be extended though at least May 31. He also laid out a four-stage phased plan for lifting restrictions. There will be a minimum of three weeks between each phase. So at best we’re looking at July 7 as the beginning of phase 4.
We expected the order to be extended, but I didn’t think he’d go a full month out today. I feel pretty indifferent about it. As I’ve mentioned I’m actually enjoying this time we have together. Of course we miss our friends and social lives, but I think we’re doing very well under the circumstances. It’s a mixed bag of feelings for sure.
K&D had piano lessons this afternoon after which Drew and I walked up the street to pick up some flowers that we purchased from a local farm that typically sells at Pikes Place. I bought a $20 bouquet and it was pretty, but to be honest I feel like I’m usually able to get a bigger and more impressive bouquets at Pikes when I pick them out myself – not that that happens very often – I’m not a big flower person. There are many businesses struggling right now so I’m happy to help where we can.
We all got dressed (in real life, non-loungewear) clothes so we could take a family porch picture when Abigail got home from work. In my effort to document this unique time I wanted to have a picture of our whole family at home. “Porch Portraits” and “Front Porch Project 2020” are just a few of the terms being used for these pictures. It took some patience to get a good picture since we needed to wait for the clouds to cover the sun just enough to not have shadows on our faces, but thankfully there wasn’t any major revolting. We took enough shots that we got a good one. My family on COVID Day 50 2020.
We didn’t have any plans in place for dinner. The kids decided to eat frozen bagel bites and Costco ravioli so Justin and I decided to get ourselves some sandwiches from Infusion. I feel absolutely no guilt get take-out for just the parents. Everyone ate and everyone was happy.
Our “minister” (aka home teacher) brought us a small bouquet of flowers this evening so we had a two bouquets to enjoy
Justin and I watched a Sherlock episode tonight before calling it a night. I peeked in on Katie before we started the show and she was still awake. We used to do a reward system with beads years ago and Katie had some leftover beads which she redeemed this week for a light up clock. It sure is bright! No wonder she was having a hard time falling to sleep.
- May 1: Confirmed cases in Washington state – 15,003 with 830 deaths. Governor Inslee announced that our stay-at-home order would be extended though at least May 31 and said there would be a four-stage phase for lifting restrictions. There will be a minimum of three weeks between each phase.






No comments:
Post a Comment