Friday, May 22, 2020

COVID Day 69 – Wednesday, May 20

The kids all worked on homework this morning – I helped Drew start his writing assignment for the week as well as figure out what he needs to complete for social studies. He can basically take care of math and reading on his own.  His teacher has been out sick since late last Thursday so another teacher has been stepping in but hasn’t been nearly as involved as a normal week – we don’t mind.

This afternoon JKD and I went on a bike ride around Lake Alice.  Actually J&K took off and left Drew and I to do the ride on our own. The agreement was that Carly would pick up Katie and Drew afterward so they didn’t have to walk up the hill again – they’d just done it yesterday.  Jason hoped to catch a lift as well, but I made him ride his bike home so he could actually count it as exercise.  I also biked home and I still hate that blasted hill.  Come to find out that our 50 minute ride didn’t even complete my 30 minutes of suggested daily exercise – true, it’s mostly downhill, but still that was disappointing to get to the end of the day and still have to work to close my exercise and move ring.  BTW, today would be my 76 consecutive day closing all my rings – I beat my record of 62 days and at this point I’m aiming for 100.  I hate it actually but being active does make me feel less guilty about indulging on yummy food.

This past week was the founders sale at Fred Meyer where we stock up on our favorite Tillamook cheese.  I posted a throwback picture on Saturday and had to recreate it.

2020

2018

2015

Carly made yummy tikka masala for dinner tonight and served it with some naan bread.  So good!  She doesn’t like to cook meat – so she’s been trying to cook all vegetarian dishes.  I think, like me, it’s because she doesn’t like having to touch and prepare raw meat.

  • May 20: Confirmed cases in Washington state – 19,117 with 1,044 deaths.  

No comments:

Post a Comment