I needed to make a grocery run this morning so I could pick up items needed for the meals the kids decided they wanted to make this week. Costco no long had the wooden pallets guiding customers into the store like cattle. It was just a regular open door which felt nice. I’d say 90% or more of the people I saw at Fred Meyer were wearing masks which seems like the most to date.
Over the past few weeks I’ve been contemplating purchasing an air fryer. Apparently they reheat food beautifully and are an easy way to cook up frozen foods. I did my research and have a particular model I’ve been leaning towards. It has been in my Amazon cart, but I was hoping the price would drop a little before pulling the trigger. While at Costco last week I saw that they had one in stock that a friend has and likes. I bought it as a possible backup but I haven’t opened it. My favorite food blogger – Mel’s Kitchen Café – asked for opinions today on Instagram. The little response area limits how much you can send but I let her know I’m in the market and need help. She shared some of the responses on her stories, including my own – hopefully she’ll figure out the best model and decide if it’s truly an appliance I need so I can move on or get to enjoying it. Sometimes I really hate how much I over think purchases.
Abigail had graduation photos taken this afternoon at the high school. Each grad was assigned a time block to come to the school, dressed in their robes, to have a photo and video taken to be used in the virtual graduation ceremony. Since Abigail was already all dressed up, and the girls have been waiting a “photo session” for several weeks, we decided to take pictures immediately afterward. We went to Meadowbrook Farms and then drove out in the middle of nowhere to find a spot the girls had seen in pictures. It was a really cool setting with a road leading to Mount Si. I ended up taking 1,555 photos! Yikes! Which meant I spent the next 4+ hours going through all of them to find the best and delete the rest. Thankfully Carly was on dinner tonight (fried rice and pigs in a blanket) and Abigail was willing to play a game with Drew and Katie so the rest of the family wasn’t neglected.
Carly took some pictures on my phone while I was taking pictures. I love the behind the scenes look and posted this little teaser on my Instagram stories.
I’ll have be sure to post some of our favorite photos after I get them all organized and edited.
- May 13: Confirmed cases in Washington state – 17,773 with 983 deaths.


No comments:
Post a Comment