Wednesday, May 20, 2020

COVID Day 67 – Monday, May 18

Over the past few weeks I’ve been listening to a couple classes that are being offered for free this month.  I completed a productivity class and in truth found that I am already doing most of the tips and habits she encouraged people to adopt to become more productive.  That felt good.  I started the budgeting class this week and again I feel like the concepts are not new to me.  To be honest I’ve never had a budget in my life – meaning I’ve never given myself an allotted amount for a specific expense category – it’s almost like I have an automatic self-regulator in my brain that decides if something is reasonable.  If for example something is a great, stock-up price at the grocery store I’ll buy as much of it as I will use so I can maximize my overall savings, even if that means I spend more on that day or month. And just because I save in one category doesn’t mean I feel like I can overspend in another.  I try to save in every category – all the time.  That doesn’t mean I’m cheap because I like nice things, but I try to purchase them as frugally as possible.  I sent the links to my newlywed niece which she was excited about – I think so many young adults are clueless about finances and could save themselves a lot of stress if they were better prepared.

I don’t remember much from the afternoon which means it was probably uneventful. Drew took this photo of Katie doing weights.  We dug out some old 5lb weights from the garage today so they kids could use them.  Katie seems to be pretty excited about it which is great.


Drew spotted a baby bunny in the front yard today. Sure is cute, but not at all cute when they eat all my flowers!


Abigail went on a bike ride with a friend this morning and Carly was off tonight with a couple friends.  It’s nice that Carly has her license and the law prohibiting newly licensed drivers from having any non-family members in their car for the first six months they have their licenses jives well with COVID social-distancing rules.  So they each drove separately to pick up dinner and find a pretty spot to eat and watch the sunset.  She was also able to swing by the grocery store on her way home to pick up some groceries.  Perks to having a couple spare drivers to help run errands.

I made Mel’s sticky coconut chicken for dinner tonight with some roasted broccoli and basmati rice – it was yum and got eaten entirely, even without Carly home. After dinner Justin, myself and JKD went to the park to play bocce ball.

The closet ball of the night (without touching) courtesy of me.

  • May 18: Confirmed cases in Washington state – 18,811 with 1,031 deaths.  

No comments:

Post a Comment