Thursday, May 28, 2020

COVID Day 75 – Tuesday, May 26

This morning was a baking day – I had some buttermilk to use up so I made a double batch of biscuits – so yum!  Then I made a double batch of pizza crust to use later in the week.  I’ve wanted to try this recipe for a while, but it requires days in the fridge so it’s something that needs to be planned ahead.  I’m excited to try it – fingers crossed it turns out as it should – my yeast has been quite finicky lately.

Abigail went on a hike this morning and then lazied around until she was forced to get up and make dinner – much later than expected. Nothing notable during the afternoon – the kids did schoolwork, Jason is working on a little scientific experiment for me figuring out which portable chargers work best – ha!  Drew join me on my walk on his bike and did AWESOME communicating where he was heading and waiting for me at any streets we needed to cross.  While I was walking around the track at the park, Drew would lap me and then bike out to the parking lot so he could cruise down a hill just as I was coming around – on one occasion he came zooming down to meet me and then stopped, put down his kick stand and ran over a gave me a great big hug then ran back to his bike and carried on.  Drew gives the best hugs and still gives me a sweet little kiss on the cheek at night. I love it (and him) so much!

Carly had two families reach out today regarding babysitting – we had decided months ago that she shouldn’t babysit during the stay at home orders, but families are getting antsy.  In fact I’d venture to say that most of the people we know are no longer social distancing and have been getting together with friends for several weeks.  I get it. We’re coming on eleven weeks now and people are going stir crazy.  When our stay at home order was extended on May 1 we anticipated we’d move into phase 2 on June 1.  Well that’s next Monday.  There’s rumor King County, which we live, won’t advance to phase 2 but in the end I feel okay about Carly starting to babysit again.  My hesitation isn’t out of concern for the virus or our health, just trying to be a good citizen and comply with our government.  So Carly already got two gigs lined up and in no time she’ll be busy as ever.  I definitely have mixed feelings about that.

Abigail cooked spaghetti and homemade meatballs for dinner and according to the meat-eaters she nailed it.  It was already 8pm when we wrapped up dinner.  Drew asked me if I could come up and Lego with him.  I jokingly replied, “Buddy!  I’ve been waiting all day for you to ask me.”  This was my first time Legoing today. Katie came in to help and within minutes found 3 pieces I’d been looking for for days.  It’s amazing how many times you can look through a pile for a particular piece and miss it completely.  Jokingly I told her if she found another specific piece I’d been missing I would give her an entire container of ice-cream for herself.  Five minutes later she had it.  Amazing!  


Once I got going I couldn’t stop until I’d completed the complex ninja dragon I started yesterday – hours later I headed to bed.

  • May 26: Confirmed cases in Washington state – 20,406 with 1,095 deaths. 
-->

No comments:

Post a Comment