Friday, May 29, 2020

COVID Day 77 – Thursday, May 28

I set an alarm last night for the first time in over two months – of course knowing I needed to be up at a certain time meant I didn’t sleep well and I woke up over an hour before I needed to.  Gurr! The lack of sleep was worth it.  I was meeting up with a friend to hike Teneriffe Falls, a new-to-me hike in North Bend.  We only saw two people on the way up and not too many on our way down. There were several spots along the way that you could see the falls and it was stunning.  So beautiful.  The hike is 6.5 miles with about a 1500 elevation gain so not too difficult, but a nice workout.  There are some really rocky areas but I think we could do it as a family.  Drew might need a little help on some of the big rocks but he’s such a great hiker I think he’d be fine.  It’s definitely a repeat!


I was pretty tired this afternoon and laid down for just long enough to nap for about 10 minutes.  Surprising that was enough and I felt much better.  I hardly ever nap and when I do I think I sleep too long that I’m actually more tired afterward.  My little power nap was just what I needed.

Both Katie and Drew had virtual meetings with their teachers this afternoon.  Jason refused to exercise and do his chores so he holed himself up in his room bored out of his mind.  It’s going to be a really long summer if he doesn’t find things he can do for fun that don’t involved electronics.  Abigail worked this morning then went into Issaquah in the afternoon with friends and Carly had her first babysitting gig since March 20. I know she’s excited to start earning money again.

We winged dinner tonight and then decided to watch My Girl with the fam (minus Abigail who was off to the park again).  The movie finished up at 10pm – late bedtime for the littles – so they fell asleep quickly – Jason once again outside in his hammock.

  • May 28: Confirmed cases in Washington state – 21,071 with 1,111 deaths.  

1 comment:

Chrystie said...

I am fighting the electronics battle with Dax every day too, it is exhausting! I make him do some chores, practice his typing 10 minutes (which really needs practice), read 30 minutes and do 30 minutes of exercise to get screen time, and some days the whining takes more than twice as long as the work would, and some days he can't get it together enough to do it at all. Makes for a long day for him and me. Luckily we are done with school, and we are loosening up our covid stuff, so friends are becoming more of an option so he can play outside with them which I much prefer over xbox.

I am in a big time dinner rut, could you do a post or send along some of your favorite quarantine recipes?!? Sounds like you are all eating well over there and I am jealous.

Post a Comment