Tuesday, May 26, 2020

COVID Day 72 – Saturday, May 23

The girls had a paid gig this morning helping a friend of mine pack and organize for a house remodel.  The rest of us decided to go on a bike ride on the Snoqualmie Valley Trail.  Jason went along SUPER reluctantly – only because he was told he wouldn’t have any time on electronics unless he came along. (In hindsight we should have made a bargain that a good attitude would be required as well).  Turned out that Katie and Drew didn’t love the ride either. Our plan was to ride out along the mostly flat trail (eastbound) for five miles and then turn around – we stuck to our plan even with the kids asking to turn around every time we stopped to regroup.  Aside from the attitudes it was pleasant.  We spotted our local elk herd both directions which is always neat to see.

This was our turn around point so we didn’t have to cross the busy road

On the way back we stopped at Torguson Park where they have some biking hills.  The kids enjoyed that until they didn’t.  


It was straight up leftovers for lunch.  All these great dinners results in several leftovers throughout the week so we need to clean out the fridge periodically.  I hate to throw away food so we eat anything that isn’t moldy – ha!

The rest of the afternoon/evening was electronics for the kids.  Jason really likes to listen to audiobooks and would do it ALL DAY and ALL NIGHT if we let him.  Justin and I get irritated that he always has his earphones in his ears and he can’t hear us talking to him.  I also just want him to have more time without any stimulation – audiobooks, movies, computer homework, etc…  It’s one of the toughest things about parenting – regulating electronics – ugh!

Drew asked me to come help him find a Lego after dinner – and that turned into my Legoing until 11pm.  Once I put my mind to something I get it done.  Finished a set with strained eyes, a sore back and a slight headache, but I got it done.  Somewhere in there Justin and JKD watched some ninja obstacle course show but I was zoned in.  I was heading to bed around 11pm and then like the days of old – ended up staying up until Abigail got home at midnight from a friend’s birthday party.  I don’t miss those late night with kids out. Doubt there was much, if any, social-distancing going on for her little get together.  Another tough part of parenting.

  • May 23: Confirmed cases in Washington state – 19,828 with 1,061 deaths.  Twenty-one of Washington’s 39 counties have now been approved to move into phase 2 of our state recovery plan which allows for gathers of less than 5 people outside your household per week and the opening (at limited capacity) of restaurants, retail and professional services.  We live in King County (with Seattle) and remain in phase 1.


No comments:

Post a Comment