We woke up a bit surprised to find it was Fast Sunday – the Sunday part we anticipated the fasting part not so much. Everyone still rallied though only until lunch. Hopefully that still counts a bit.
We had CFM right after sacrament meeting and it was one of our better discussions. Justin focused on what is written in our hearts and had cut out large hearts for each of us to write down some of the things we want to have written on our hearts. We also talked about Abinadi and how he stood by what he believed and didn’t live to see the impact his testimony had – we’ll learn more about that as we read about Alma next week.
After CFM I asked everyone to head out to the porch for another family porch picture, but this time in the clothes we are actually wearing 24/7 these days. I had Carly put on her blue-light glasses that she’s been wearing to help with all the screen time she’s been exposed to. Drew is wearing pants in the picture which is pretty hit or miss around here.
I bribed Drew into compliance by telling him he could choose whatever dessert he wanted me to make tonight. Well, that ended up being quite the agreement when he chose a tiered chocolate cake that required freezing of the individual layers before frosting. It tasted great but was more dense like a brownie than light and fluffy. Carly made the cake batter and then turned over the rest to me.
Scrabble was one of the games we still needed to play before putting it away. Justin and I played with J&K and after a long game decided we could give that particular game away. It’s in a huge box and we can always play on online version if we ever get the hankering for a bit of scrabble. Worth pointing out that I won and was able to play all my letters in a turn to secure myself an additional 50 points?
I’ve heard positive comments on the Chosen series featured on Vidangel so we decided to start watching them as a family. There are eight episodes and we need to get through them before May 8 when Vidangel’s free streaming promo ends. We got through a couple episodes before dinner and another after dinner.
Justin made pulled pork sandwiches and cheesy potatoes. The Reynolds returned our roof cargo carrier tonight and brought us fresh cinnamon rolls that Benjamin had made. Amazing!
I still had over half of my move ring to close at 9:15pm tonight so a walk was absolutely necessary if I was going to keep my streak. Justin said no. Carly said no. Abigail said no. Jason said yes after I bribed him with electronics time tomorrow in return. Small price to pay so I didn’t have to walk in the dark alone. I am known for being a bit paranoid about the wildlife around here.
After I showered Carly and I started a series called “Zoey’s Magnificent Playlist” that was recommended by a friend – I’m not sure what we expected, but we didn’t expect a drama/musical/comedy. We got hooked enough that we stayed up until 12:30am to watch a second episode. I’m glad to have something fun that Carly and I can do together as we continue through the series.
- May 3: Confirmed cases in Washington state – 15,462 with 841 deaths.
-->




No comments:
Post a Comment