Today was supposed to be our only rainy day this week so I thought it would be the perfect day to try Mel’s new homemade donut recipe. As mentioned I prepared the dough last night since it needed to sit in the fridge for 8-24 hours before cooking. I was excited to see some fluffy risen dough when I woke up but alas it didn’t rise at all. So sad. I read though the comments on the post and a few other bakers had the same problem and still cooked them up and they said they tasted great. I decided to proceed with my deflated dough and hope for decent results, but it’s definitely a bummer to go through the effort knowing they wouldn’t be as good as they should be. Guess it gives me an excuse to make them again in the future. They were very good – Abigail even stated that the apple fritters were as good as the fritters from our favorite bakery.
Katie was a big help and did most of the glazing
The kids got into Legoing this afternoon and asked me to help them so I spent several hours upstairs doing that with them today. Not what I had in mind to accomplish today, but I have no regrets. I actually enjoy it. I pulled out a big bag of skittles and told them that for every page in a instruction manual they complete they could have a skittle. It doesn’t’ sound like much, but Drew had accumulated a big pile of skittles by the end of the afternoon.
While Carly made dinner JKD & Justin and I watched more of the Chosen series. We only have one episode left. It really is a great series about Christ and we are enjoying it. Carly make biscuits and gravy tonight for dinner. She tripled the biscuit recipe so that we could have plenty – they were delicious and for everyone else that eats sausage – the verdict was all thumbs up for the gravy and meat too.
Jason and I went for a walk after dinner. He apparently doesn’t mind so long as he gets to listen to his audiobooks as we walk. I would rather we both unplug and be in the moment together, but it was also nice that I got to listen to a podcast episode while we walked.
- May 6: Confirmed cases in Washington state – 16,231 with 891 deaths.


No comments:
Post a Comment