This past weekend we exposed ourselves to several families outside of our own for the first time in over three months. We entered Phase 2 officially on Friday and though technically we’re still supposed to limit the number of people we associate with outside of our household to five per week I feel like we’ve begun reentered the world. We had several busy days last week which felt “normal” but I also didn’t fully love it. I’ve liked our simple, quiet days at home.
Anyhow, this will be my last COVID day. I would’ve stopped the count on Friday since it was the last day of school and also the first day of Phase 2, but I like my summer weeks to run Monday-Sunday so I had to round off these last few days. With that said…
Today ran much differently than our normal Sundays at home. We didn’t end up having Sacrament meeting until 4pm and then Justin gave one of the shortest CFM lessons yet. Jason made biscuits and gravy for brunch. He did a great job. We made a triple batch of biscuits so we’d have some leftover to enjoy. I spent the morning in the kitchen starting dinner. There was chicken to prep, dessert to make, and yeast to rise. I actually thought I chose a pretty easy meal, but it took much longer than expected. We had tikka masala and homemade naan bread with a no-bake lemon blueberry cheesecake for dessert. Everything was super yum. Indian food is a new discovery for our family and we’re loving it.
The rest of the day was pretty laid back. Drew REALLY wanted to Lego. Both Justin and I each spent a little time with Drew doing that. Justin and Jason played some chess. And Justin took a few little naps here and there. Justin and I also went out on a walk with Katie along the Snoqualmie Valley Trail in the late afternoon. We walked about a mile and then decided to turn around when we saw a huge pile of scat along the path – could be bear, could be horse, I didn’t want to find out.
- June 21: Confirmed cases in Washington state – 28,870 with 1,276 deaths.

No comments:
Post a Comment