I was able to fit in some quiet scripture study this morning in my comfy chair in my bedroom before Justin needed to come in and get to work on his monitors. We’re having some pretty slow mornings. Abigail is heading out of town on Thursday so she’s trying to get a bunch of stuff done before she leaves. Getting her graduation announcements sent out was one of those. I spent some time this morning addressing the announcements to families on our Christmas card list and then Abigail spent hours in the afternoon addressing the rest. We purchased 100 announcements which is more than I’ve ever sent out for Christmas cards, but Abigail has accumulated a lot of friends from school, EFY’s and her HEFY Africa trip.
We’re in the middle of refinancing our mortgage since the rates are so low and needed to get a document notarized so I walked down the ridge, Justin ran down and then after we got it signed we walked home. Nice to cross of a task and exercise at the same time. I spent some time in my hammock before getting cleaned up. I really dislike the “outdoor” smell we get when we spend much time outside. I feel like I need to shower even if I don’t get sweaty.
Abigail made tortilla soup today for dinner – Carly was babysitting (her third of four gigs in a week’s time). Justin was able to cut the boys hair which was overdue. We’re leaving Drew’s hair long on top just to try something new. Jason is buzzcut – always.
Tonight we watched High School Musical as a family (less Carly) – I don’t remember watching it before but that seems impossible (it was released in 2006 and continues to be a popular tween/teen movie). If I have it’d been a long while. It was strange for me though because the lead actor – who is clean cut, the quintessential dreamy teenage boy recently starred in a documentary where is plays Ted Bundy. So it was very conflicting for me – creepy or cute?
Justin and I talked about doing something after the kids went to bed but instead took some time to clean up downstairs which felt much better than vegging in front of a show or something. It feels so much better to start the day with a clean kitchen and not having stuff scattered all over the floors.
- June 1: Confirmed cases in Washington state – 22,157 with 1,129 deaths.

No comments:
Post a Comment