The kids are getting used to sleeping in – which I suppose is a direct result of staying up later than normal. I don’t mind. I’m not a morning person myself.
This morning I booked us flights for a trip to Florida in December. We are hoping to go on a cruise with a group of friends. This would be our first time traveling with other families and I’m really excited about it. The ship will be brand new (first sailing is in November) and FULL of fun activities. Fingers crossed it doesn’t get cancelled. Everything is fully refundable so we’ll just wait and see.
Drew had a fun class call this morning where his teacher asked all the kids to run and grab something for their heads and something that makes them happy. Drew ran up to his room and grabbed my favorite hat – my sister Robyn gave it to Jason when he was little and it’s adorable. Drew also grabbed a phone (insert eye roll) – I could just hear the disappointment in his teachers response when he told the class that a phone is his “fun thing that makes him happy”.
I made waffles for lunch. Drew sliced all the strawberries and Katie helped with some of the cooking. I used a healthy recipe with flaxseed, whole wheat and wheat germ, but when you add Nutella and whipping cream it was basically dessert.
JK&D did a few small chores then got to play the wii until K&D had piano lessons. I worked on cleaning up my office and filing a bunch of papers I’ve let stack up for many, many months. What I really need to do is go through everything we have filed and get rid of what we no longer need to keep, but that’s a big task and one which I’d prefer to do with Justin. Justin’s been working long hours and it he doesn’t think that will let up through July. That’s one negative about working from home – work is always there.
Meanwhile Abigail was living her best life in Sunriver with her friends…
And Carly was off hammocking this afternoon with her friends…
Justin and I went on a bike ride in the evening. As we were getting the bikes out of the garage I was dreading the ride because I know in the end I’ll have to bike up that dang hill home. I enjoy biking and I definitely want there to be hills that push me and make me stronger, but that hill is just miserable. I survived and enjoyed most of it. After a quick shower I ate a bit of the roasted cauliflower and homemade French fries Justin had made and then met up with some lady friends for another firepit catch-up session.
- June 5: Confirmed cases in Washington state – 23,442 with 1,153 deaths. We were approved today to move to phase 1.5 which allows social gatherings with five or fewer people outside the household, limited restaurant dining (25% indoor, 50% outdoor), in-store retail up to 15% occupancy and other professional services (hair, nails, etc…)



No comments:
Post a Comment