I woke up this morning to thunder and lightning. I opened my blinds then climbed back in bed to enjoy the summer storm. I was just talking to some friends yesterday while a friend in Georgia was having a thunderstorm and had lightning strike in her backyard splitting a tree and dropping two squirrels down to the ground fried to a crisp – too close for comfort, but we all agreed we enjoy a good summer storm. We don’t get many around here so it was cool to wake up to a storm brewing in our neck of the woods.
This morning we finally ventured out to Chick-fil-A in Bellevue to redeem some of our free breakfast sandwiches – we’ve talked about it for months so I was glad it was able to work out this morning. Chick-fil-A was busy (open for drive-thru only) but it was yummy. Since we were out we stopped at Costco and Fred Meyer to pick up groceries. Running errands is a bummer for the kids because they have to wait in the car while we shop since we want to limit our exposure to others. Abigail came in to the store to buy some candy for her and Carly.
As we were finishing up Carly suggested we use her BOGO free punch card at Jamba Juice so we stopped in there and bought 4 large smoothies – split 8 ways to enjoy. Even at half off it was $15 of smoothies – expensive, but a fun treat and I was grateful for Carly for letting us use her discount.
The rain continued ALL DAY – Justin worked at getting the garage organized a bit. Drew asked me to come help him find some Legos and we started a new puzzle. I was excited to cook up the pizza dough I prepared earlier in the week. Since we hadn’t eaten lunch we were ready to eat around 4pm so I pulled it out of the fridge to get started. Oops, turns out that it now needed to sit on the counter for a minimum of two hours – after 12 hours on the counter on Day 1 and 2-4 days in the fridge – now even more time. So we waited and boy were we ready for that pizza! I made enough dough for eight small pizzas so everyone made their own. Even with our double ovens it took quite a while to rotate eight pizza through, but everyone thought they tasted great. Not sure it’s worth all the time this particular recipe takes, but it was fun to try.
After dinner everyone, except Carly, watched a cheesy made for Disney+ movie.
- May 30: Confirmed cases in Washington state – 21,702 with 1,118 deaths.
-->


No comments:
Post a Comment