Saturday, June 13, 2020

COVID Day 91 – Thursday, June 11

More vivid dreams last night, but instead of waking up refreshed I woke up pretty groggy.  I picked up my phone though and took a couple notes from what I remember.

  • There was a group of teens wearing swimsuits doing fitness classes in our neighboring backyards, in the rain.  They had some legit heavy hand weights and they were sitting on each other shoulders.  In my dream I woke up seeing that out my bedroom window and immediately started a Marco polo to show my own fitness friends the crazy sight and find out if we were gonna exercise.
  • There was some lady asking me about the individual births of each of my kids as she predicted heights of my kids. Trouble was I can’t remember the details, which seems so unmaternal.  She was starting to say Abigail would be 6’ 3” which lost all validity in my mind because I knew Abigail was done growing. 
  • We visited DJ and Susi down in Auburn, though it didn’t look at all like their house. In fact their living room couch backed right up next to a public street/sidewalk and there wasn’t any barrier between the two. I remember sitting in the spot where their dog was just sitting and that they had two of their kids living in a small house in their backyard.  Susi had just had surgery which is the only accurate aspect from the dream.
  • I was Carly – kind of – and was hanging out/napping in Caylee and Emily’s (my cousin/nieces) room at their dad Alans apartment while they weren’t home.  As I was leaving I got to my car and realized I’d left my phone in the apartment.  Alan was waiting by the door with the phone and I used the excuse that I’m not used to adulting since I’m haven’t gotten used to having a license yet.  Turns out I’d also left my coat which happened to be the black and white coat Tyrone left me when he went on his mission.  I held onto that coat for decades before finally donating it.   

Weird, right?  It would be interesting to hear what a dream interpreter would say about those random dreams. 

Katie and Drew joined me while I was in bed reading scriptures.  We also started listening to the Don’t Miss This video covering the next session of Come Follow Me but Justin had to take a call so we got relegated to the bonus room.

My Mom sent a fun package in the mail with some Lego candies and M&M’s – we’re suckers for sweets so they kids thought it was the best ever (Thanks Mom!).  They divided up the candies evenly.


K&D both had class calls today and Carly was asked to sit on a committee with the high school to determine how classes should proceed in the fall. I’m slowly chipping away on my to-do list.  I’m not sure why I’m feeling like I have so many things I need/want to work on, but it’s making the days fly by – too fast actually.  I was seriously derailed this afternoon when the kids asked me to look into how to get access to the popular game Minecraft.  This led me down the rabbit hold of researching gaming consoles – which I have totally mixed feelings about and actually looked into at the beginning of this whole COVID thing.  I chatted online with a Xbox gaming “expert” to try to uncover all the hidden costs associated with the Xbox.  Apparently you by the console, some even come with some games, but in order to play the games you have to subscribe to their “Live Gold” membership which is so frustrating to me. Just yesterday I had to subscribe to software for my camera.  I don’t like all these monthly fees without gaining any equity.

I had some extra chicken from earlier in the week and whipped together a chicken a rice dish with a bunch of leftovers from the fridge and it was so delicious.  Abigail and Carly weren’t home yet when we ate (even though I gave them ample notice) by the time they meandered in dinner was gone. They didn’t stick around long and both left to hang out with friends as soon as they got their laundry done.  The rest of us watched Cheaper by the Dozen.

  • June 11: Confirmed cases in Washington state – 25,171with 1,204 deaths.   

No comments:

Post a Comment