This morning was great. I didn’t wake up feeling very refreshed – getting to bed after 1:30am will do that I suppose. But I was able to have some quiet time in my room before starting the day. This gives me time to read scriptures and catch up on some emails and Marco Polos.
I also knew getting out of bed wouldn’t be easy…
I spent the morning on the computer catching up on some journaling while Drew and Katie worked on school stuff.
Katie and I went down to her school at noon to pick up her school supplies and return her library books – again such weird circumstances.
I spent hours this afternoon working on cancelling some flights and lodging for our Europe trip. Some went smoothly and some not so much. So many loops to go through.
Katie and I made chicken pot pie for dinner tonight – it is a family favorite, but it does take quite a bit of time to prepare. We love the homemade biscuit topping.
The grey wigs I ordered arrived and tonight I tried them on. I was surprised how not terrible the long wig was. I mean the style is totally not me, but it didn’t age me as much as I thought it would.
The hairstyle on the short wig was even worse – much more old lady-ish – though I think the hair color is a closer match to what my hair would look like. I may just keep this one and use my flat iron to try to tame the severe curl towards the face look and see if that helps. It might be nice to have a grey wig handy – ha!
- June 17: Confirmed cases in Washington state – 27,192 with 1,245 deaths. Gov. Inslee called Yakima Valley the ‘epicenter’ of the state’s current outbreak. They have the second highest total of cases in the state after our much larger King County and their hospital rates per capita is 8 times higher than King County.



No comments:
Post a Comment