Sunday, June 21, 2020

COVID Day 96 – Tuesday, June 16

Today was busy – busier than I’ve been in the last 3 months.  I had a morning workout at Andrea’s.  She’s starting a new daily workout program for the next month and each day focuses on a different muscle group.  Today was lower body and it was tough.  I won’t join her everyday cause that’s insanity, but hopefully a couple days a week when she gets back from vacation in a few weeks.

I had just enough time afterward to shower and get dressed to head down to my hair appointment.  I took this picture as I waited for my hair lady to finish her appointment before me. This is how my hair looked most of COVID – when I let it air dry the ends tend to flip out.


Even though I dye my roots myself regularly it sure felt great to get them touched up by a professional and get my hair spruced up and cut.  Of course since I was already out and about I ran some errands. Tint some paint so Carly can paint the boys room.  Pick up my 2019 free birthday sandwich from Jersey Mikes.  A Costco run and then a grocery stock-up at Winco.  It was nice to be out and I enjoyed listening to tunes on the drive home.  We got the groceries unloaded and then everyone got ready to head to the graduation parade the valley wards organized for all the 2020 graduates.

The graduates were in the church and called out by name to the cheers of their family members.


Each graduate had a little table in the parking lot to showcase some of their high school memorabilia.  


As cars entered the parking lot they were given a paper that included a picture and little blurb about each of them.  Abigail had submitted the following:

Abigail was a part of multiple clubs and athletic teams during her high school years.  She played volleyball at Mount Si her freshman and junior year and was a 3 year varsity athlete on the tennis team, 4 years in total. She was also a member of National Honor Society serving over 230 hours. Abigail currently works at Peak Sports and Spine Physical Therapy where she has worked the last 2 1/2 years. Abigail is also graduating with an Associate’s Degree in Arts and Science by participating in the Running Start program through Bellevue College the past two years. She will be attending Brigham Young University - Provo in the fall.”

I wasn’t sure what to expect of the evening, but it was a great way to celebrate these young adults and ended up being really fun.  There was a steady stream of cars for the entire hour and it was fun to see some ward members since we haven’t really seen anyone since March.

Carly didn't last long and soon after left with Chloe to hangout with friends


  • June 16: Confirmed cases in Washington state – 26,784 with 1,226 deaths.   The drop in death tolls is a result of reclassifying cases whose death had nothing to do with the respiratory disease even though they’d tested positive (suicide, homicide and overdose deaths).

No comments:

Post a Comment