Katie and I dropped Abigail off at the park to meet up with her group of friends to head to Sunriver this morning. I gotta be honest I’m a bit jealous. I LOVE Sunriver and a trip, pretty much anywhere, sounds amazing right now. She’s going to have SO much fun.
Katie and I were off to Fred Meyer so Katie could redeem her $20 reward from winning our puzzle competition on Sunday. She had done her research ahead of time and had written down all the things she wanted to purchase with her winnings and had added it all up so we were much quicker than I expected. As far as I can remember this was Katie’s first time in a store since COVID began and her first time wearing a mask. Her mask is the first mask Carly made and is too big for Katie’s so it kept slipping down.
We also picked up a free donut at Krispy Kreme for National Doughnut Day. Yum!
Both Katie and Drew had virtual calls today. Drew’s was for a small math group and he ended up having a one-on-one lesson with his teacher. He was happy about that and didn’t want to wait a half hour to meet up with other kids in the next group. To be honest I don’t know how much online instruction Jason and Carly are getting – thankfully, they are responsible enough that they are able to do their schoolwork independently. Katie is also very good at knowing when she has calls and doesn’t need any help getting her school work done either.
Jason convinced Katie to join him on a bike ride around Lake Alice this afternoon so he could cross that off and gain some electronics time. We also need to do a bit better with chores around here. The kids don’t do much aside from dishes most days. Carly made a yummy batch of chocolate chip cookie bars and then got a last minute request to babysit for an hour or so for a family in the neighborhood. I hooked Carly up with the family in mid-January and she’s babysat for them often – unfortunately, they are moving this weekend so that sugar-family will be no longer.
This afternoon Carly found out that Bellevue College would be all online in the fall – major bummer! But not a surprise.
After an easy dinner of tostadas we watched High School Musical 2 with JKD.
- June 4: Confirmed cases in Washington state – 22,993 with 1,149 deaths.


No comments:
Post a Comment